C/RW Tucker Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2022, 123rd, SEA)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Tucker Robertson at eliteprospects.com

Before you ask - No, he is not related to Jason Robertson.

Has started strong for a weak Peterborough team, went undrafted in the most recent NHL draft but he could be one of those players that was looked over because he didn’t play last year.

Hes a good skater who us ultra-competitive, if he has a big year; he’s an overager to watch to be drafted.

OHL Rights: Peterborough Petes
OHL Draft: Peterborough Petes (R4, 2019, #72 Overall)

NHL Rights: Seattle Kraken
NHL Draft: Seattle Kraken (R:4, 2022, 123rd Overall)

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Wasn't drafted this year, surely gets drafted next year.

1.85 ppg in 6 games. Has won almost 100 face-offs, out of 157.

Yeah, Petes are bad, their 2nd best player is Otter reject bust Emmett Sproule, that says a lot.
(scored 73 points in 190 games and beside Robertson, is 1.50 ppg this season)

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Wasn't drafted this year, surely gets drafted next year.

1.85 ppg in 6 games. Has won almost 100 face-offs, out of 157.

Yeah, Petes are bad, their 2nd best player is Otter reject bust Emmett Sproule, that says a lot.
(scored 73 points in 190 games and beside Robertson, is 1.50 ppg this season)

Yup, the Petes wern’t supposed to be a good team this season, but early on look really good.
Robertson is definitely leading the way, with impressive performances from J.R Avon and 16 y/o rookie Nick Lardis as well.

Robertson was definitely effected by the OHL not playing last year and is one of those guys that got passed over because of it. Definitely won’t happen this time around.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Took 30 face-offs in his last game...seems a lot to me... (59 face-offs in his last 2 games)
-has averaged over 26 face-offs per game this season.

Already won 140, in just 9 games.

6 goals, 16 points and 24 shots on goal to boot.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Only 24 short of 200 face-offs wins this season...under 300 face-off's taken....thats just nuts...
between face-off wins, Robertson has scored 8 goals and 11 assists, in 11 games.

By the way he turned 19, just 4 months ago.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Another two goal game, now 4th in the OHL in scoring with 21 points in 12 games.

Really impressive pace so far this season as a D+1 player that went undrafted. Maybe even potential first rounder.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Only 24 short of 200 face-offs wins this season...under 300 face-off's taken....thats just nuts...
between face-off wins, Robertson has scored 8 goals and 11 assists, in 11 games.

By the way he turned 19, just 4 months ago.

He turned 18 in June. Won’t be 19 until June 2022. Statistically he is much better than Shane Wright this season and they re just a bit over six months apart age wise (Wright is an early Jan 2004 kid).

Go Tucker!

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He turned 18 in June. Won’t be 19 until June 2022. Statistically he is much better than Shane Wright this season and they re just a bit over six months apart age wise (Wright is an early Jan 2004 kid).

Go Tucker!
Yeah - Guy has been phenomenal this season.

Not going to place him in a tier with Wright but I can definitely see him being a first rounder. Bu I get where you’re coming from.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Been pretty much a 2.00 ppg player this entire season so far.
100% getting drafted next year, in the 2022 draft.

Excellent at face-offs, at scoring goals as in making plays, on PP and 5 on 5.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Should the Petes decide to keep McTavish around that would certainly boost Robertson's draft stock. Deservedly so.
Exactly what I was thinking, Robertson likley projects more as a winger at the next level since he’s 5’10 - but hes been really good at a centre this season and has a strong F/O% so I doubt they’ll be on the same line.
But a 1-2 punch like that on their PP should be deadly.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Assuming his production stays at this level he should be a first rounder. Anybody who would have taken him last year anywhere outside of the top ten would be blown away by his progression.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Assuming his production stays at this level he should be a first rounder. Anybody who would have taken him last year anywhere outside of the top ten would be blown away by his progression.

Should McTavish stick around or should Robertson get moved to a better team himself...and I think one of those is likely gonna happen, then expect his production to go up, not down. Great player.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Should McTavish stick around or should Robertson get moved to a better team himself...and I think one of those is likely gonna happen, then expect his production to go up, not down. Great player.
You’ll likely see McTavish moved in all honesty. Peterborough knows he’ll not be back next year and can get a kings ransom at the OHL TDL for him. makes sense as a rebuilding franchise.
It’ll be Robertson’s team for this year, then maybe next season too.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Holy just found out about this kid while looking at CHL scoring leaders today... I get covid and all made him not play, but how did no one have any report on this kid? His production makes him look like he should have been a first round draft pick this past summer. Going undrafted is insane, I assume is any team had any report on the kid it would have been the safest 7th round pick to make.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Yup. His stats are way more impressive than those of Shane Wright, and they're just six months apart in age.

Robertson would have been drafted if he had gone overseas last season. He did play in the PBHH tournament and showed extremely well, but he wasn't one of they hyped / brand name players following the U16 draft and OHL first year play (though he did well in his first year). He was invited to a NHL camp. I bet that team is kicking themselves for not signing him as a FA.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Holy just found out about this kid while looking at CHL scoring leaders today... I get covid and all made him not play, but how did no one have any report on this kid? His production makes him look like he should have been a first round draft pick this past summer. Going undrafted is insane, I assume is any team had any report on the kid it would have been the safest 7th round pick to make.
Revisionist history. We knew that there would be some OHL players that went undrafted in 2021 that should’ve because of the lack of a season. The 2021 draft was one of those drafts that was dominated by size, so with Robertson being 5’10”, an average 16 year old season, then not playing at all his draft season its quite easy to see how he wasn’t drafted.

Reactions: wetcoast

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Good read about Robertson here:
Meet Tucker Robertson: The most intriguing prospect in the 2022 NHL draft

Some Highlights of the article:

“None of us in Peterborough are surprised,” Wilson said. “This isn’t slowing down. This is the real Tucker Robertson you’re seeing and this is the kid who’s going to improve through this year and next year. He wants to get better every day. You have to kick him off the ice and you have to kick him out of the video room. You want a player to do what he does.”

“Robertson is a top-32 player for the 2022 draft,” said TSN director of scouting Craig Button. “Probably top 20. He’s the perfect example of a player who slipped through because of COVID.”

“Another crack he likely won’t slip through this season will be with Hockey Canada. Even if he doesn’t make the final roster, Robertson has almost certainly earned himself a spot in the selection camp.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad