RW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He definitely looked a little out of gas tonight, but still, 4+4 in seven games after the WJC is pretty good production. :sarcasm:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Laines shot

How hard is Laines slapshot? I mean it has probably been measured at some point?

When I was younger and played in a boys team we got to measure our shots at a christmas event the staff of the junior organisation had aranged.

However, they should measure it if it hasent been made :naughty:

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
How hard is Laines slapshot? I mean it has probably been measured at some point?

When I was younger and played in a boys team we got to measure our shots at a christmas event the staff of the junior organisation had aranged.

However, they should measure it if it hasent been made :naughty:

There was a slapshot competition inside the Finnish U20 team, just before the WJC. Laine's slapshot was measured 155 kph (about 96 mph). Pulju was in fact the winner with 158 kph (about 98 mph) and Saarela was third with 150 kph (about 93 mph). I think these are pretty hard slapshots for the age that these guys are. Will be great to see how much they can even develop their shots still.

strat1

Jan 14, 2016
There was a slapshot competition inside the Finnish U20 team, just before the WJC. Laine's slapshot was measured 155 kph (about 96 mph). Pulju was in fact the winner with 158 kph (about 98 mph) and Saarela was third with 150 kph (about 93 mph). I think these are pretty hard slapshots for the age that these guys are. Will be great to see how much they can even develop their shots still.

Laine said that his stick was bad so he couldn't make it to max speed.I don't think he's lying on that.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Laine vs Puljujarvi is one of the toughest choices to make as a fan. I've only seen them play in the WJC so its a small sample size. Laine looked nasty on the LW slot with that shot. Puljujarvi seemed more active skating for the puck.

If the Leafs are picking 2nd overall i don't know which of the two i would like more. So many here have made compelling arguments as to who to pick but i'm very much so undecided.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden

oh okey, thanks for the info!

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton

I'd be curious what there one timer speeds are
Edit:
I know they don't measure it but I'd lov to see it. Laine can rip it if the puck is anywhere near him

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
I'm not an expert in physics, but I believe the one timer speed would be around the same or a little bit slower than a regular slap shot.

Source: http://www.exploratorium.edu/hockey/shooting2.html

Yes but every player is different and I personally believe laine is like ovechkin where their one timer is like 99 percent as hard as their standstill/radar gun style shots.

Edit:
The reason I want to know is I believe it would help demonstrate the shooting advantage laine has.
For example:
Laine 96 mph normal - 95.7 mph one timer
Pulju 98 mph normal - 90 mph one timer

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Yes but every player is different and I personally believe laine is like ovechkin where their one timer is like 99 percent as hard as their standstill/radar gun style shots.

I mostly agree. Laine has one of the best one timers I have ever seen and this includes accuracy, speed and the ability to shoot from subpar passes.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
So, 33 games and 26 points and a 7 game point streak I guess..? Given that pace (0.78ppg),if he had played all the games, he would be in top10 in scoring and top3 in goals.

BTW, Pulju has 38 games and 18 points. So its not close at the moment at least in Liiga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->