RW Nikolai Kovalenko (2018, 171st, COL)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Avs cleaning up in the latter rounds the last couple years with Russians. Kovalchenko, Shvyryov, Smirnov, and the big goalie Shmakov too.

Zadorov has so much charisma that he has talked the entire scouting department into russifying our late round drafting :sarcasm:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was named MVP of Junior Club World Cup 2018.
He was always talented and didn't drop so low because a lack of it, but more due to his father being in charge of the KHLPA, which asks questions about if he's ever going to come over. If I remember correctly, he was at the NHL draft and has mentioned in wanting to come over in the future.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Assisted by Kayumov too. Loko at it again giving youngsters a great platform for development. They are again no serious threat though. Strange with the talent pool they have. The management is just strange.

Not Kovalenko's or my worries. It's great to see all those young players in the KHL. Loko is doing more for our development than SKA ever will.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We'll see if they prove that development by putting him on the WJC team.

Glad to see Kovalenko's first goal is a testament to his tough hard working nature. It's been a good couple of weeks for him. He's fun to watch.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
As mentioned on Twitter, that really is such a Kovy goal. I absolutely love his tenacity.

@Caser do you think he has a shot at making the World Junior team?

At this current moment I think that he is an undisputed #3 RW in the U20 NT roster depth behind Kravtsov and Kostin (assuming Svechnikov isn't let go to the WJC, of course), so yeah, I think he has a shot, to say the least. Of course, things might change after the CAN/RUS series in November.

Reactions: tigervixxxen

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
This kid looks great and seems very responsible defensively. I can imagine he takes Soderbergs role after his 3 year KHL contract finishes, which would put Soda at 36-37 y/o.

Reactions: MaKarter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad