RW Nikolai Kovalenko (2018, 171st, COL)

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
Would like to see SKA St. Petersburg eliminate Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the 1st round of the KHL playoffs. It will hopefully enable Kovalenko to join the Avalanche sooner rather than later.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Anyone from Russia or who follows the KHL know about his status? He left the game late in his last game due to a possible knee injury.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Anyone from Russia or who follows the KHL know about his status? He left the game late in his last game due to a possible knee injury.

There is nothing about it, Torpedo just says he's going to go to NA, and that's it.

As far as I understand he has American citizenship so he doesn't even need visa.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
There is nothing about it, Torpedo just says he's going to go to NA, and that's it.

As far as I understand he has American citizenship so he doesn't even need visa.
Thank you! So it doesn't sound like he got injured?

Ya he was born in the US so he should have a US passport.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scored his first NA goal, and 1+2 in the AHL after 4 games. He got back after an injury so probably lost his KHL form a little bit but I think they will move him up to the main team during these playoffs... if survive the 1st round. With their goaltending it can be a pretty big if.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, he played the whole 7:17, more like an NHL play imitation...

The Avs are a deep team after their trade deadline acquisitions and asking a Cup-challenging team to insert a new rookie into a major role in the playoffs on the fly with no adjustment period is insanity.

Tank Jr did great to make the 20-man line-up and take a 4th line role. That in and of itself shows how much confidence the Avs have in him and he will undoubtedly be challenging for a much bigger role come this fall.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Yeah, he played the whole 7:17, more like an NHL play imitation...
You’re right, a newly signed prospect from the K should be playing 25 mins/game in the playoffs on one of the best teams in the league. 🙄

On a serious note, one team in this series has the balls to play a rookie and the other won’t dressed their ~20G & 20A top 10 pick (Perfetti). Horrible call from Bowness.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You’re right, a newly signed prospect from the K should be playing 25 mins/game in the playoffs on one of the best teams in the league. 🙄

On a serious note, one team in this series has the balls to play a rookie and the other won’t dressed their ~20G & 20A top 10 pick (Perfetti). Horrible call from Bowness.

Yeah, I mean it would be better for him to play 1st line role in the AHL playoffs than play under 10 min in the NHL. I think they played him to count this season as his 1st ELC one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad