RW Niklas Nordgren - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2018, 74th, CHI)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 2 goals and assisted 1 goal vs Porin Ässät A juniors playoff qualification round's game 2 tonight.
HIFK won 3-0 and made A juniors SM liiga's quarterfinals winning Ässät series 2-0.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 2 goals vs Russia in U18 WJC's today.
Showed also his stick and puck handling skills and played with huge confidence.
But also took one idiotic penalty and lost the puck which caused breakaway for Russia.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Another 2 goals game in U18 WJC's today vs Czech Republic.
Also player of the game award today.

If Nordgren would be 10-15cm taller he would be late 1st round NHL draft pick this summer.
This kid has got lots of skill.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Knowing HIFK they will get rid of him this summer like they did with Vesalainen a couple of years ago. Well luckily it's already way too obvious that Nordgren is very talented so even HIFK can't be as stupid as they were at evaluating Vesalainen..

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Knowing HIFK they will get rid of him this summer like they did with Vesalainen a couple of years ago. Well luckily it's already way too obvious that Nordgren is very talented so even HIFK can't be as stupid as they were at evaluating Vesalainen..

Only scenario where Nordgren could leave for HIFK is that London Knights or other CHL's top team drafts him in CHL import draft.

HIFK's new GM Tobias Salmelainen isn't so stupid as Tom Nybondas was.
So there's no that risk HIFK gets rid of Nordgren and why they even should do that.

Also Salmelainen has made it very clear that HIFK needs to keep better care of their juniors what they did when Nybondas was GM.

And if i have to choose who'i'll trust more Salmelainen or Nybondas i'll choose Salmelainen 100 / 100 times

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
His game winner in the final won him the U18 WJC scoring title to go with the gold medal, interesting to see whether that'll make him a first-rounder this summer.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I'd be really surprised if he wasn't a first rounder at this point.

Which is a shame cause I was hoping he'd fall to the Predators in the 3rd round.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Late first/early second round would be my guess. Size is the only reason why he isn't ranked around 10th.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Late first/early second round would be my guess. Size is the only reason why he isn't ranked around 10th.

This.

I saw much to like about. Things he is not great at now are the ones which most players develop at later age anyway but he has great skill set and is willing to pay the price for goals around the blue paint.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad