RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
That poster's got a strict agenda, but he's not wrong in the post you quoted. In fact, I think a majority of Habs fans would agree with him right now.

I don't think the habs ever went out of their way to pick up a player strictly because he was a french canadien. Drouin was not a reach for me, if it was a reach it was a reach for a Center more than a reach from a francophone. The last one was probably Leblanc... 9 years ago.

Anyway I agree with the other poster. This stuff is irrelevant in a Nikita Scherbak thread.

Happy for the kid, he's playing good. If the effort level is there I could see him into a top6 role as early as next year.

Reactions: Acadien86

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I've been really impressed by this kid in these two games after the call up, he's been one of our most dangerous forwards. Great vision, slick passes and always seems to make the smart play. The sample size is small but I'm getting my expectations high for him.

Reactions: Fixxer

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I've been really impressed by this kid in these two games after the call up, he's been one of our most dangerous forwards. Great vision, slick passes and always seems to make the smart play. The sample size is small but I'm getting my expectations high for him.
He’s still a bit of a floater sometimes and is soft at times but I think that will improve with NHL experience. His on-ice vision is something else.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He’s still a bit of a floater sometimes and is soft at times but I think that will improve with NHL experience. His on-ice vision is something else.

Explosiveness and physicality have always been his weaknesses but he's been developing very well recently in both of those areas.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
That poster's got a strict agenda, but he's not wrong in the post you quoted. In fact, I think a majority of Habs fans would agree with him right now.

He is wrong.

Criticize Bergevin for his mistakes but lets look at the current team

Clear mistakes

Subban for weber.... weber is not french
Overpaid Karl alzner... not french.

Now.lets see what french players are on the team. Are they there cause they are french or are they hockey moves?

Charles Hudon... fifth round pick... seems like a good hockey move.
Deslauriers... acquired in a trade for Zach Redmond... seems like a good hockey move
Philip Danault... Danault and a 2nd rounder were acquired for pending ufas Tomas Fleischmann and Dale Weise in 2016. Seems like a good move.
Jonathan Drouin... jury is still out if this was a good trade or not... but getting a young talented forward made some sense as a move.

Drafting
In six drafts...
Bergevin has 0 french players in the first round
1 in the second round
2 in the 5th round
2 in the 6th

None have been taken in the last two drafts.

So yeah Bergevin has assembled a shitty team. No doubt on that.

Is the reason hes made mistakes because he is overvaluing french players? No

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The strict agenda is not admitting the simple triths for many posters here. I am just staying with the facts. Those facts in this particular case might hurt the NA ego(they should absolutely not, as it is totally unrelated to NA or NA hockey as such. But it is probably to much to ask to realse that from those people.) so people get protwctive without even sorting out what the point of discussion is.

Scherbak is still far far away from being a development surounderike in former 1st rounder. And regrettably he is one of tge guys whose development supports my claim.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Very solid game last night. I thought he was the best player on the ice after Barzal. I like how he comes down low in the defensive zone when he is the first forward back. Very impressed with him!

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Very solid game last night. I thought he was the best player on the ice after Barzal. I like how he comes down low in the defensive zone when he is the first forward back. Very impressed with him!

Same here. Great to see young players grabbing their chances when getting it. Probably the most positive thing around Habs this year, with Mete.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
He putting up good numbers? Haven't seen many games lately.
16 games, 3 goals + 2 assists. He's been fairly solid, even defensively. (Just needs to have a more consistent effort)
Definitely making the NHL roster next year from what we've seen so far.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Most impressive is his 200-foot game. He is busting his tail defensively and getting on the right side of the puck. Definitely an NHL player with lots of flashes showing top-6 upside.

Reactions: Fixxer

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
16 games, 3 goals + 2 assists. He's been fairly solid, even defensively. (Just needs to have a more consistent effort)
Definitely making the NHL roster next year from what we've seen so far.
If he puts a solid summer in the gym and keeps up that intensity he certainly will.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
His two-way play is excellent. He is one of the biggest offensive threat we have. I hate seeing him play with less talented linemates. I loved seeing him with Drouin and Galchenyuk. He can help cover up for their defensive lapses. I am not sure with whom he played last night, but it was fine. He does the odd pass or some rookie mistake, but I think his upsides and drive is a big plus. I really love the kid. We'll see if he can show some durability... Talented player.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think he can be thought of as a sure fire future top 6 winger at this point. Now that he's ironed out his effort level and defensive deficiencies, he's got it all. Might not ever be a star, but he's a top 6er.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think in his career he turns into a 25-25 guy who is good defensively, so a good second line player. I'm very impressed with the improved play in his back checking and in his own zone.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I think in his career he turns into a 25-25 guy who is good defensively, so a good second line player. I'm very impressed with the improved play in his back checking and in his own zone.

He is way more of a passer than a goal scorer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad