RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Any other team than the habs ( except maybe arizona) and this guy isnt even a topic of conversation
ECHL/AHL lifer

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
25 points in 20 games is on pace for 100 over 80 in the AHL at 21/22. And it's not like he's playing with other bonafide talent. It's all him. The guy has taken a monster step- and it was evident in his callup before he hurt his knee.
He was always considered a very raw prospect too. On draft day, it was said he needed a few AHL seasons to develop into a more complete player.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Any other team than the habs ( except maybe arizona) and this guy isnt even a topic of conversation
ECHL/AHL lifer

Except he's doing better in the AHL than most other prospects. Teams like the Leafs talk about Kapanen as a top prospect and he's not producing as well as Scherbak.

Even suggesting that he'll ever play in the ECHL is insane.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
Everybody is in such a rush now to call a prospect a bust

Some of them need time to develop, some don't

For Scherbak, it was obious and now we are seeing the result

Talent is there for him so future looks good

Reactions: sharks9

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
Own him in my dynasty... have since his draft year... held on to the hope he'd put things together... looks like he has made the necessary jumps in his game. I'm looking forward to the next year and a half as it should tell a lot about him and his NHL future.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This post was obviously borrowed from 2016's narrative. Because this year he has done everything expected and more. With prospects, you have to pay consistent attention or your opinions look ridiculous.
You are wrong and think your narrative is the only possible reality.

I don't care about borrowed. Is he playing in the NHL regularily? No? What was expected then? A former first rounder to become a great AHLer?

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I don't care about borrowed. Is he playing in the NHL regularily? No? What was expected then? A former first rounder to become a great AHLer?

If you're actually paying attention to what's going on with him you'll know he was a slow developer in his AHL career, was inconsistent, showed flashes and was frustrated by injuries. This year, he turned a switch by ALL accounts from people who view Laval regularly. Responsible, 200-foot winger with great vision and PP skills. Putting up great numbers at 22 and already had a solid cup of coffee with the big club.

But you're "you are wrong" already tells me how open-minded you are about adapting to new data. Don't take my word for it. Talk to any of the AHL followers. But why bother when you can label him a bust shortly after his 22nd birthday?

Jul 6, 2016
Everybody is in such a rush now to call a prospect a bust

Some of them need time to develop, some don't

For Scherbak, it was obious and now we are seeing the result

Talent is there for him so future looks good

You're right. And Scherback was injured many times over the last few seasons which slowed down his development a lot.

But Habs badly need talented, skilled centermen to help these wingers to produce at a higher level.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
I won't reply since it's the same old stories with him like previous posts/subjet

It's the Scherbak thread,

is it just me or should the Canadiens must called him up and play him with Galchenyuk?

Seems like a good fit. Scherbak with his passing abilities and Galchenyuk the shooter

We saw a preview before he got hurt but I can see it as a short and long term solution

Reactions: King In Glory

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006

I mean, if you want, you can go watch the 2014 draft video from when he was taken. They clearly indicated then that he was a good 3-4 years away. If the Canadiens didn't already have sophmore Lekhonen and rookie Charles Hudon in the top 9, Nikita would be playing for Montreal right now. He's the only bright spot in Laval right now ( a team I watch regularly) and he has all the tools to be an eventual top-6 winger. Ironically enough, we have Galchenyuk and Gallagher as our top 6 RW so there's no point in bringing up Nikita while he's dominating just to play with Plekanec...

Let him dominate and continue to gain confidence in his abilities and then come into the season next year ready to make the starting roster. I prefer this approach to how the Canadiens handled McCarron or De La Rose, and it seems to have payed off for Hudon as well. Or else you could always be like Crowse (ARI) and start him way before he's ready for the sake of being a high pick.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I won't reply since it's the same old stories with him like previous posts/subjet

It's the Scherbak thread,

is it just me or should the Canadiens must called him up and play him with Galchenyuk?

Seems like a good fit. Scherbak with his passing abilities and Galchenyuk the shooter

We saw a preview before he got hurt but I can see it as a short and long term solution

Nothing about this management team makes sense , so logical thinking doesn't really go anywhere...

Galchenyuk and Scherbak fit eachother so well , it's pathetic that it hasn't been tried for more than a couple games (Scherbak played with Galchenyuk on the 4th line Centered by Mitchell at the beginning of the season. Galchenyuk was talking plays out with Scherbak , unfortunately Scherby got injured).

Would love to see this lineup:

Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Carr/Byron - Danault - Hudon

The season is over , let the kids play and develop chemistry for the future...Unfortunately the imbecile at the top still believes in the Habs making a run for the playoffs...Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad