RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Scherbak was playing the best hockey of his career before getting hurt- both in the AHL and then looking fantastic in the NHL. He's a top 6 winger in the making.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What do you mean he can't "find any luck" overseas? Injuries? Playing time? Other prospects/players leap frogging him on the depth chart?
90% of 1995 prospects that were considered his level (below him by north american scouts, but what do they know considering how they draft?) are pros in Russia by now and play in the KHL. Why should he waste his time in north american minors?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Scherbak was playing the best hockey of his career before getting hurt- both in the AHL and then looking fantastic in the NHL. He's a top 6 winger in the making.
That always was the projection. The problem is he can't get there so far.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I get saying he would have developed better in Russia, that's not something I can argue against as it's opinion vs opinion. But saying he'd be a regular in the KHL is kind of a moot point because it appears he would prefer to be in the NHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I get saying he would have developed better in Russia, that's not something I can argue against as it's opinion vs opinion. But saying he'd be a regular in the KHL is kind of a moot point because it appears he would prefer to be in the NHL.
Who said he'd be a regular in the KHL?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
If he keeps it up he deserves a spot with Mtl. So hope they move a few wingers in order to make it possible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hopefully we unload some wingers by the deadline and he can get a chance at the NHL level to close the season. I think he can be a regular on the main club next season, and I'm happy to see he's finally coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->