RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I don't know why people are saying he fell though...

He was projected to go in the last half of the first round anywhere from 15-30.

On average most people were projecting him to go around 21st so he did fall about 5 spots, but not that major.

GoHabsGo312711*

He reminds me of Valeri Nichushkin... but without physical play.

AFTeRMaTH*

Think this is the guy Tampa was targeting. As soon as he was picked Yzerman was on the phone to trade back.

Nice pick for MTL.

For some reason I thought I heard that TB was targeting Sanheim?
Doesnt matter either way. Love Scherbak though!

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
So jealous of the Habs for picking up this guy.

He's got a ton of skill, a ton of personality and the fact that they nabbed him so late is just the icing on the cake.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
An early signal that Scherbak may not be back in the whl?

No, he will be in the WHL, but only for one season (late 95 birthdate).

Saskatoon opted to go with younger imports as they are still rebuilding, and this way they get more assets for the rebuild by trading Scherbak.

Scherbak or no Scherbak Saskatoon wasnt a contender this year, and the two imports they kept can play both this season and next.

Ace88*

Im not so sure, he's looked great at Montreal's camp. He has an outside chance at making their team.

Ace88*

Well, at least if he doesn't make it Everett won't--can't--have a season as bad as last year's with Nikolishin and Scherbak together on the top line. That's a great match.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
I've been following habs training camp since the beginning (i'm from Montreal) and there is 0.000000001% chance that Sherbak make the team. There is already 13 signed forwards and Sekac is probably gonna steal Moen spot and there couple of others prospect like Angrighetto and Thomas who are ahead of Sherbak.

habitue*

Im not so sure, he's looked great at Montreal's camp. He has an outside chance at making their team.

No chance. The line up is pretty much filled with NHL signed players. And Habs have older players in Hamilton to try first if injuries occur.

InsideOut*

I've been following habs training camp since the beginning (i'm from Montreal) and there is 0.000000001% chance that Sherbak make the team. There is already 13 signed forwards and Sekac is probably gonna steal Moen spot and there couple of others prospect like Angrighetto and Thomas who are ahead of Sherbak.

Hudon and DLR are ahead of Thomas and even probs Andrighetto on the depth chart. Thomas personally i think will never make it.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

Absolutely zero chance he makes it unless he gets 3 goals a game during pre season games. So many players such as Bournival, Sekac want spots so next year maybe for scherback or in 2 years

PricePkPatch*

Try Lemieux!

Try Gretzky

seriously tho, I can see Sherbak playing with the Habs for a few games before being sent down. Will do wonder for his development.

Especially if Eller's injury lasts for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad