RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Really happy the Habs picked him, was slated as a top 15 guy, I think a lot of scouts just didn't want to see him cause he was a late import pick and Russian, they missed out, think Hossa style of player.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Think this is the guy Tampa was targeting. As soon as he was picked Yzerman was on the phone to trade back.

Nice pick for MTL.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Don't know anything about the player, but watched his TSN interview with Duthie...seems like a cool kid. Loved how he exhaled at the end of the interview, clearly very nervous and then relieved when it was over :laugh:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Well, those interviews were totally Datsyukian - funny English (and even a little bit of French) and a nice sense of humour, it seems to me that this guy has a very good upside not only as a player, but also as a personality. :)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Well, those interviews were totally Datsyukian - funny English (and even a little bit of French) and a nice sense of humour, it seems to me that this guy has a very good upside not only as a player, but also as a personality. :)

montreal has to be your favorite team now right? seeing as we drafted ur favorite RUS prospect :naughty:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
montreal has to be your favorite team now right? seeing as we drafted ur favorite RUS prospect :naughty:

I will definitely follow Montreal more closely now (favourite team with favourite prospects is still Lightning, sorry :yo:), although I guess Scherbak is couple of years away from the Canadiens roster.

By the way, that is a good example how it is possible to extend the fanbase (and more fans always means more money :)), so as I always said, those GMs that are like 'Never/rarely draft Russians/Europeans' are really hurting their franchise's finances that way.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Why are the Canadiens getting all the colorful, interesting players? They got Subban, now Scherbak. Unfortunately, the Canadiens are looking like they're going to be a fun team as they finish out this decade.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Why are the Canadiens getting all the colorful, interesting players? They got Subban, now Scherbak. Unfortunately, the Canadiens are looking like they're going to be a fun team as they finish out this decade.

Price can be fun too

price2.gif

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Don't know anything about the player, but watched his TSN interview with Duthie...seems like a cool kid. Loved how he exhaled at the end of the interview, clearly very nervous and then relieved when it was over :laugh:

If you watch this, about 40 seconds in you'll probably see why he was so nervous in that interview :laugh:

[nhl]626971[/nhl]

"oh... TSN, oh my god... TSN is world... world TV... Like millions watch me right now?" :laugh:

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
I think we got a bit lucky here (or maybe luck isn't the word, but we're fortunate). Scherbak was 2 days away from being a 2015 pick. Seeing how he lead his team this year, and how he's the youngest in the top 10 scoring in his team, if he can build on this season and lead the WHL in scoring next year, no doubt he would go in the top 10 next year.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think we got a bit lucky here (or maybe luck isn't the word, but we're fortunate). Scherbak was 2 days away from being a 2015 pick. Seeing how he lead his team this year, and how he's the youngest in the top 10 scoring in his team, if he can build on this season and lead the WHL in scoring next year, no doubt he would go in the top 10 next year.

Top 10 is a bit of a stretch considering how strong next years draft is, but he's still going to be a steal.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Wow I can't believe Scherbak actually fell to the habs. I thought he was going to go in the 10-20 range for sure. I'm probably just being a homer, but I think this pick definitely has "steal" potential. Absolutely love the pick.

If he reaches his potential, a Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak line would look good.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Think this is the guy Tampa was targeting. As soon as he was picked Yzerman was on the phone to trade back.

Nice pick for MTL.

I'm not sure. If they wanted him they likely would have taken him instead of Deangelo. I think it is more likely that the Islanders really wanted Ho Sang and looked for somebody to move up with.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I don't know why people are saying he fell though...

He was projected to go in the last half of the first round anywhere from 15-30.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

That's an amazing misunderstanding of how a calender works.

OVOXO*

lolno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad