RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
His stats look pretty impressive in Juniors and AHL. He had 6 pts in 25 games in NHL. He’s only 22 I sure hope he ends up being a steal for us . Why do you say he is not that good

skillset is there. injuries slowed him, brain cramps. bad defensively and bad work ethics. he's still young tho, if he can turn these around he could be a solid top 6 player.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Losing Scherbak to waivers is something I can live with but what bothers me about it is how it all happened. The Habs gave him 0 NHL games this year. How can you waive him without even giving him a shot? I mean, they should've known that he's a slow starter and should've been patient. Instead they've been playing Deslauriers, Agostino and Chaput; that's just bad. I would've been OK with him getting waived if he was given an opportunity and failed. But he literally played 0 games this year. Unreal.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
skillset is there. injuries slowed him, brain cramps. bad defensively and bad work ethics. he's still young tho, if he can turn these around he could be a solid top 6 player.

I hope after he sees how his idol Kovy trains and gets to play with him he will have help along the way to develop his game and be a difference maker for us . We need the luck lol

Reactions: montreal

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I hope after he sees how his idol Kovy trains and gets to play with him he will have help along the way to develop his game and be a difference maker for us . We need the luck lol
it would kinda sucks for us if he does but with kids going down like Vilardi, it sure does look rough for LA's future so hopefully he pans out for you guys!

Reactions: Kingsfan1

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Losing Scherbak to waivers is something I can live with but what bothers me about it is how it all happened. The Habs gave him 0 NHL games this year. How can you waive him without even giving him a shot? I mean, they should've known that he's a slow starter and should've been patient. Instead they've been playing Deslauriers, Agostino and Chaput; that's just bad. I would've been OK with him getting waived if he was given an opportunity and failed. But he literally played 0 games this year. Unreal.

That's not entirely true. Did he not get several preseason games?

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
That's not entirely true. Did he not get several preseason games?
Preseason games, yes. But he never actually got NHL quality linemates. That and he's a slow starter, always has been. Anyways, I understand the decision to waive him but I still have issues with the lack of opportunity he got. He should've been given a shot by the team that drafted him.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Preseason games, yes. But he never actually got NHL quality linemates. That and he's a slow starter, always has been. Anyways, I understand the decision to waive him but I still have issues with the lack of opportunity he got. He should've been given a shot by the team that drafted him.

No player is entitled to NHL quality linemates. And Sherback was offered a contract, so it's not like he had no chance. But he never outplayed Charles Hudon who isn't even getting regular icetime at the moment.

Reactions: Vachon23

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
No player is entitled to NHL quality linemates. And Sherback was offered a contract, so it's not like he had no chance. But he never outplayed Charles Hudon who isn't even getting regular icetime at the moment.
He didn't outplay anybody because well, he didn't play. I'm not saying he should be given anything on a silver platter. All I'm saying is he should've been given an opportunity with NHL caliber linemates.

Is that too much to ask?

The guy was a recent first round pick. Give him a shot and if it doesn't work, move on. Anyways, it doesn't really matter anymore.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He should go play 2 seasons in the KHL and then re-try the NHL. I think there is not much hope if he stays in the AHL at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad