RW Nathan Légaré (2019, 74th, PIT; traded to MTL; traded to NJD)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
6 feet tall, 203 lbs RW from Montreal, QC.
Shoots: R

Had a decent rookie season last season, 10 goals 19 assists,
i dunno is he playing for a team that has significantly improved
are Drakar one of the better teams in he Q this season?

Oh boy has been good this season; 6 games, 6 goals, 6 assists, is +9
leads the entire Q in goals, points and +/-

Anyone have info of on him? How is he ranked?, does he even have a rank yet?.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
He finished last season on fire too, after a slow start. Can’t remember exactly the numbers but most of his 29 points came in the last 30 games or so. Seems to have picked right up from there.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
very strong player, hard to knock off the puck, has great intensity and excellent work ethic, works great around the net, has good IQ, excellent hand eye coordination, decent offensive skills, a real character player...I really like him.

Great report, completely agree. I’m a fan of his and have him as a real riser this year.

Reactions: scoutman1

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Great start for Legare. Great NHL frame and size. Already looks comfortable in his body and using it to his advantage. Plays a smart and hardworking game. Don't think he can keep up this pace the entire year, but will get him a better look before the draft.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Isn’t it a little too soon to say before the guy is even close to being drafted? I find it ridiculous
No, it's a judgement based off his playstyle. He doesn't play a skill game, but a grinding one. He's a relatively quiet player, scores his goals from just getting the puck and putting it in the back of the net. Doesn't stay on his stick long, and he doesn't necessarily use his shot to beat goalies which is why I referred to him as a finisher. He gets in those open spots and finishes off good plays by his teammates.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
No, it's a judgement based off his playstyle. He doesn't play a skill game, but a grinding one. He's a relatively quiet player, scores his goals from just getting the puck and putting it in the back of the net. Doesn't stay on his stick long, and he doesn't necessarily use his shot to beat goalies which is why I referred to him as a finisher. He gets in those open spots and finishes off good plays by his teammates.

That definitely is his playstyle but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of those complimentary pieces on a top-six line that works his tail off and has enough skill to be effective. Hopefully his production stays high, he's a nice player and would be a coach's favourite in the pros.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
That definitely is his playstyle but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of those complimentary pieces on a top-six line that works his tail off and has enough skill to be effective. Hopefully his production stays high, he's a nice player and would be a coach's favourite in the pros.
Yeah maybe, not too many of those types of players around today though

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
very strong player, hard to knock off the puck, has great intensity and excellent work ethic, works great around the net, has good IQ, excellent hand eye coordination, decent offensive skills, a real character player...I really like him.

Would Brendan Gallagher be a good comparable then?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Currently skating on the top line of a stacked Drakkar team, Nathan leads the entire Q in scoring, and is a first time draft eligible, yet I don't see him in the top 100 of any list.

Listed at 6'0, 196 libs, I can't find any scouting info on him.

Nathan Légaré at eliteprospects.com

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
For the Drakkar this season
- 1st in pp goals & points
- 1st in games played (8 player tie)
- 2nd in goals
- 2nd in points
- 2nd in ppg
- 2nd in sog
- 3rd in +/-
- 3rd in penalty minutes
- 3rd in penalty minutes per game

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Peeps

May 24, 2017
60 pts as of today.

Double his points production from last year with 20 games less.

Excellent progression.

Also 4th in scoring in the Q.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
How is his skating? Those are mid/high first round numbers for any other draft eligible with decent skating/compete..

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
How is his skating? Those are mid/high first round numbers for any other draft eligible with decent skating/compete..
It’s not spectacular but doesn’t interfere with how he plays at all. The numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt as he plays with some great players. I’d say he should go between 25-40.

Reactions: covfefe

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
funny how it happens all the time
Q players need to produce at 1.5 ppg to be considered legit
if he was in ohl or usndtp he would be challenging for first overall

same crap every year and every year proven wrong

should be 1-20 with pelleltier

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
i guarantee you he is in the ohl and is 3rd or 4th overall in point production the hype would be on for challenging for first overall
Even then hes nowhere near the talent or tier that Kakko or Hughes are. Stop with this nonsense, hes a good prospect but he wouldnt make a run at the top 5 with the talent ahead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->