RW Maxim Groshev (2020, 85th, TBL)

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Groshev made his KHL debut today.

He started as the 13th forward but had a solo chance in the 1st and was bumped up to the 2nd line for the 2nd period. It was probably in part his youthful energy but he looked pretty quick compared to the Minsk D.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He started as the 13th forward but had a solo chance in the 1st and was bumped up to the 2nd line for the 2nd period. It was probably in part his youthful energy but he looked pretty quick compared to the Minsk D.
Well Minsk's Ds are worst in the league, without exaggerating, so that might have also contributed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've seen a few of his games with Neftekhimik this year, looks solid and I thought he played well so far in the CHL - Russia series. Hope the Habs are keeping a close eye on him as we have a ton of mid round picks this summer.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I've seen a few of his games with Neftekhimik this year, looks solid and I thought he played well so far in the CHL - Russia series. Hope the Habs are keeping a close eye on him as we have a ton of mid round picks this summer.
I'd like him as well .. not on the Habs though

Reactions: slumpy43

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian forward Maxim Groshev spent the majority of the season playing against men in the KHL. He put up one goal and six assists for seven points in 36 games for Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik. Groshev also played in three playoff games without recording a point. Playing for Reaktor Nizhnekamsk in the MHL, he put up two goals and three assists for five points in eight games. Groshev also represented his country at the World Juniors but did not score in the tournament. He played a bottom-line role in helping the team to a silver medal. He also played in the Canada-Russia Super Series, picking up two goals and an assist for three points in six games.

In 2018-19, Groshev spent most of the season in the MHL. He scored seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points in 47 games. He also played three games in the Russian U18 League, putting up one goal and five points. Groshev played for Russian at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. He scored three goals and four points in seven games, winning silver. Groshev also had two goals and three points in six games at the World Junior A Challenge.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/06/30/maxim-groshev-scouting-report/

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I'm not sure I totally believe championat, they had some misses with their inside news, so I'd wait for something official.
Didn't know they were that bad. I stopped reading there because head of hockey dept. there was a tool. That was years ago.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Isn't SKA usually a pretty deep veteran team? I can't imagine they would let a 19 year old get much playing time.
See, that's what narratives do to you. It's not a knock on you. You are not obliged to follow the KHL closely.

In their last game they had three 20y.o., one 19y.o., one 18y.o. and one 17y.o. on the roster. And their COVID qurantine/outbreak is over. All the regulars are back.

That does not mean Groshev gets KHL minutes granted though. He was not exactly lighting the world on fire with Nizhnekamsk(which is not a tragedy for a teenager).

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The biggest fun, or better said the saddest part of the story, is that SKA should pay more for Groshev than any NHL team (or league) would pay to Neftekhimik in case of NHL-KHL Transfer Agreement (if taking all Euros as an example). So, Neftekhimik is the big winner here.

And the biggest losers are the hockey clubs in remaining European leagues, especially in Sweden.

Reactions: Atas2000

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Isn't SKA usually a pretty deep veteran team? I can't imagine they would let a 19 year old get much playing time.
Basically, they are. They do give 2-3 roster spots per game to younger players though. Problem is, they have ~10 young players for those 2-3 spots.

The biggest fun, or better said the saddest part of the story, is that SKA should pay more for Groshev than any NHL team (or league) would pay to Neftekhimik in case of NHL-KHL Transfer Agreement (if taking all Euros as an example). So, Neftekhimik is the big winner here.

And the biggest losers are the hockey clubs in remaining European leagues, especially in Sweden.
The big winners are actually the players who don't have to deal with bullshit from the clubs forcing them to stay. Which led to Bosman's rule in football.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Basically, they are. They do give 2-3 roster spots per game to younger players though. Problem is, they have ~10 young players for those 2-3 spots.

The big winners are actually the players who don't have to deal with bullshit from the clubs forcing them to stay. Which led to Bosman's rule in football.
Bosman´s ruling is not applicable outside the EU.

So, you need to agree with the following, the NHL draft should be abandoned because it is not beneficial for players at all. It limits their choices to one club only.

And the even bigger issue is close-to-nothing development fee for European clubs. That was the point of my post. The rich should financially support the poor.

Reactions: Atas2000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad