RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd say he tries to play Kaprizov's hockey and not, say, Panarin's or Kucherov's, i.e. he loves to play along the boards, always goes to the dirty areas and overal doesn't shy away from physical plays. It's just he's 160 lbs and not 200 lbs as Kaprizov, and here is the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hm, his production is almost identical to Kucherov's and Buchnevich's at a similar age.

Of course, you'd hope he ends up being more like Kucherov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hm, his production is almost identical to Kucherov's and Buchnevich's at a similar age.

Of course, you'd hope he ends up being more like Kucherov.

How is it? Kucherov started his MHL season being 16 year 2.5 months old. Michkov will finish current MHL season being 16 year 3 months old. And Buch was 2 months older, than Kucherov.

Michkov has 26 goals after 40 games, while Kucherov scored 29 goals in 53 games. Kucherov played with Nikita Gusev and Michkov has already had 15 different linemates.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How is it? Kucherov started his MHL season being 16 year 2.5 months old. Michkov will finish current MHL season being 16 year 3 months old. And Buch was 2 months older, than Kucherov.
Well sorry for not having comparables withing 2 hours of his precise time of birth.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, it's not 2 hours, but 6 months, but whatever.
Less than 6 months, yes. What do you think the range should be? They play by seasons, not month to month. Nikita Kucherov was never going to start the season at the same time Michkov did. Does that mean they can never be compared at all because their birth dates are more than a week apart?

I really don't get your logic.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Less than 6 months, yes. What do you think the range should be? They play by seasons, not month to month. Nikita Kucherov was never going to start the season at the same time Michkov did. Does that mean they can never be compared at all because their birth dates are more than a week apart?

I really don't get your logic.

Alright, if the months conception is too hard to understand for you, I will make it easier: Kucherov and Buch scored in their D-1 seasons, and Michkov scores in his D-2 season.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Michkov is second in goals in the MHL. Buch and Kuch weren‘t second on their Teams.
Kuch played in the league with different age restrictions. The overall player age was higher then. The league didn't balloon yet and consisted of only 22 clubs. It was more difficult to pad your stats against very week teams. Tough to compare them.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kuch played in the league with different age restrictions. The overall player age was higher then. The league didn't ballooned yet and consisted of only 22 clubs. It was more difficult to pad your stats against very week teams. Tough to compare them.

As I said he was half a year older and played with Gusev, which was a big difference to Michkov's linemates... If Michkov played with Khusnutdinov and Marchenko, he would have probably scored 1.5 times more points. But he can't even develop chemistry with his linemates, because there have already been more than a dozen of them. In 40 games.

Reactions: vvann

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
As I said he was half a year older and played with Gusev, which was a big difference to Michkov's linemates... If Michkov played with Khusnutdinov and Marchenko, he would have probably scored 1.5 times more points. But he can't even develop chemistry with his linemates, because there have already been more than a dozen of them. In 40 games.
i'm not saying that kuch was better at the same age. The point is the leagues are so different it's tough to compare.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Did the right thing. Signed in Russia. And is now getting playing time, developing his game while others sit.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
His goals per game is now simply ridiculous given his age. He is of course leading the league there by quite a margin. And he is one goal(and two full years of age) behind the league leader with 7 less games played.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Cherepanov7

Sep 23, 2020
How tall is he really? Beginning 2020 (Youth Olympics) they listed him at 174 cm. In the SKA announcement they stated him at 178 cm already. I don't know, but he looks really more like a 174 cm guy. Hope he will get at least to 180 cm or so.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How tall is he really? Beginning 2020 (Youth Olympics) they listed him at 174 cm. In the SKA announcement they stated him at 178 cm already. I don't know, but he looks really more like a 174 cm guy. Hope he will get at least to 180 cm or so.

He's just 16. He'll become bigger. Probably Kane/Panarin size. On the plus side nobody says, he's good just becase he's bigger and stronger, than his peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad