RW Martin Kaut (2018, 16th, COL)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't see his thread, so thought he deserved one after today's performance against the Russians. Had three primary assists and was one of the best Czech forwards on a deep offencive club. Very small sample size, but looked like he knows what to do when he has the puck in regards to making chances. Maybe not a very good two-way player as of now, but possesses superb playmaking talent and is a decent skater (which is what you want in today's modern NHL). Would you guys say that he reminds you of Jonathan Huberdeau in playing style, because I saw a lot of him in Kaut? Looking forward to if he's able to continue this pace for the 2nd half of the season, what are your guys' thoughts on him?

FC currently has him ranked 56th overall.
EP Profile: Martin Kaut

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
i have him in my second round as well. before the game i even listed him as a player to watch, i don’t see super high upside in him like Huberdeau but i see him more as a solid middle six guy. i really like this kid

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
i have him in my second round as well. before the game i even listed him as a player to watch, i don’t see super high upside in him like Huberdeau but i see him more as a solid middle six guy. i really like this kid

Playing with good players but he's getting primary assists.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Actually he is a strong two-way player. Had a great game.
Play away from the puck was lacking compared to other Czechs, but it is something that is easily fixed over time. I thought Lauko was strong today at both ends of the ice even though he didn't put up any points..

@Lays wasn't talking about potential, more playing style.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Play away from the puck was lacking compared to other Czechs, but it is something that is easily fixed over time. I thought Lauko was strong today at both ends of the ice even though he didn't put up any points..

Huberdeau is near elite. i don’t see Kaut reaching that level

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

Maybe he didn't look the best defensively in this game, but in my other viewings he did look good without the puck. Also disagree on Lauko, guy was really nervous and screwed up every offensive oppurtunity he had. He didn't have a good game.

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
I watched lot of Pardubice matches this season and Kaut is a very smart player not only in the offensive, but also in the defensive zone. Also helps that after last season, which was absolutely terrible for the club, this year Pardubice are playing above expectations.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Peeps

May 24, 2017
He's playing the best ligue in Czech and had three assists today against Russia. ( Recrutes | Ivan Hlinka Report - A look at 2018 ) recrutes had him in the 1st round this year, but no on one is talking about him in the first round. The best ranking as of 2017-12-26 is #56 by Future Considerations.

He's a late OCT 99, has a good physique and is playing against pro in his country's best league. Pretty interesting to me. I think he got to be in the top 60 as we are talking.

Let's see what he will do for the rest of the tourney.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
3 assists and looked sharp as mentioned above. An older one in the class, but plays it to his advantage for sure.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
I watched lot of Pardubice matches this season and Kaut is a very smart player not only in the offensive, but also in the defensive zone. Also helps that after last season, which was absolutely terrible for the club, this year Pardubice are playing above expectations.
Do you think it would be in Kaut's best interest to play the remainder of this hockey season in the Western Hockey League to develop?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I was impressed with him in the game yesterday, he looked as good out there as Necas and Chytil did for the Czechs.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
Do you think it would be in Kaut's best interest to play the remainder of this hockey season in the Western Hockey League to develop?

I think it may be better for his draft status (as czechs drafted directly from Extraliga rarely go high in draft), but from development point I think it's better for him to get decent minutes (he has average TOI over 13 minutes) against men in superior league than to play against junior players.

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
Yeah, he was so perfect today, first hat trick in ELH. He was also so good in Wednesday. I was impressed with his game in the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad