RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USHOCKEYUS

Sep 16, 2014
Buch you provide a lot of great insight on this site. Really appreciate your input. But in a SSS you need to throw out points. So if two of Vasili's shots hit d-mens skates and bounced in he'd have MHL stats that were sufficient to you to be ranked higher. Guys can dominate games and have no points and be -1, guys can play bad and have 2 and 1 and be +2. Use the eye test and throw points out in SSS.
I think you have Newhook higher than Podkolzin, YOU had the same amount of goals as Newhook at the WJAC. Even if you don't have Newhook higher (some do) the point is numbers are less than half the story in a SSS.
If Vasili was 100% coming to NA after the draft he'd go 3rd. Over Turcotte, Zegras, Broberg, Newhook, Dach, Cozens..... anyone you want to put up there.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I've watched a fair amount of his MHL+VHL games as well as international games and he's 2 different players. In league play he's largely invisible despite getting plenty of opportunities and is not as aggressive as he is in tournaments. It's a big red flag as of now why he can dominate in one setting but struggle in league play. If I were to rank him based on tournaments I'd have him top 5 for sure but based on league play he's no where near a 1st rounder. I still have him in my top 10 because he has at least shown his dominance unlike other prospects but he has plenty to prove in league play as that's far more important to me than tournament play for a prospect.

Kaprizov scored 8 points in 31 KHL games in his draft year and was drafted in the 5th round, because he wasn't very good at international tournaments...

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Kaprizov scored 8 points in 31 KHL games in his draft year and was drafted in the 5th round, because he wasn't very good at international tournaments...

Don't forget to factor in that he is Russian and there are always concers that players don't want to go to the NHL.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Who's going to be better between Podkolzin and Kravtsov?
Call me a homer if you want but Kravtsov easily right now
Playmaking
Kravtsov>>>Podkolzin
Shot
Kravtsov<<Podkolzin
Effort
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
IQ
Kravtsov>=Podkolzin
Defense
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
Physicality
Kravtsov<<Podkolzin
Skating
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
Kravtsov is older though, Podkolzin has time to grow but as of now if you had to choose I don’t see why it wouldn’t be Kravtsov who also is a captain material player capable of playing C, also has a size advantage if that counts

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd like to hear some opinions on this for sure. If Podkolzin is gonna be better than Kravtsov then he should be a top 3/4 pick this draft for sure. Not sure what his desire is for coming over sooner rather than later to north america but Kravtsov seems like he will be here this year or next.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Playmaking
Kravtsov>>>Podkolzin
Shot
Kravtsov<<Podkolzin
Effort
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
IQ
Kravtsov>=Podkolzin
Defense
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
Physicality
Kravtsov<<Podkolzin
Skating
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
Kravtsov is older though, Podkolzin has time to grow but as of now if you had to choose I don’t see why it wouldn’t be Kravtsov who also is a captain material player capable of playing C, also has a size advantage if that counts
Yeah Kravtsov is one of my favourite prospects. Not looking forward to going up against him four times a year.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Playmaking
Kravtsov>>>Podkolzin
Shot
Kravtsov<<Podkolzin
Effort
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
IQ
Kravtsov>=Podkolzin
Defense
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
Physicality
Kravtsov<<Podkolzin
Skating
Kravtsov>Podkolzin
Podkolzin certainly has the higher potential. Its obvious your a Rangers fan so I wont commentate on ur ratings (or inequalities) but I def think Podkolzin is the better prospect.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I would say Podkolzin but not by much if both hit their potential. I seek VK as a 70 point player at his best whereas Podkolzin as a borderline PPG.
Just his combination of skating and elite elite skills is something truly remarkable imo.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Podkolzin certainly has the higher potential. Its obvious your a Rangers fan so I wont commentate on ur ratings (or inequalities) but I def think Podkolzin is the better prospect.
I wouldn’t put a ceiling on either one yet, what Kravtsov is doing in the KHL is incredibly impressive (leads meh/bad team in PPG)
I don’t understand why Podkolzin would “certainly” have better potential though, the only thing he for sure has on Kravtsov is his shot and physicality and Kravtsov’s no slouch when it comes to either. Both are pretty raw and have some nice tools but Podkolzin as of now isn’t a better prospect
Kravtsov put up more points as well in their draft seasons (if it makes it any better, Podkolzin is a June bday while Kravtsov is a December bday)
MHL
Kravtsov-3 points in 1 game
Podkolzin-7 in 10
VHL
Kravtsov-7 in 9
Podkolzin-1 in 7
Not gonna bother posting KHL stats as Podkolzin’s only played one game there so far
Obviously Kravtsov was a late riser, but I’ve liked him all throughout his draft year and even said pre-draft that I wouldn’t be surprised if Kravtsov ended up as the 2nd or 3rd best of that class, now I’m not saying he will be, but just explaining how highly I thought of him even before he was a Ranger

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I wouldn’t put a ceiling on either one yet, what Kravtsov is doing in the KHL is incredibly impressive (leads meh/bad team in PPG)
I don’t understand why Podkolzin would “certainly” have better potential though, the only thing he for sure has on Kravtsov is his shot and physicality and Kravtsov’s no slouch when it comes to either. Both are pretty raw and have some nice tools but Podkolzin as of now isn’t a better prospect
Kravtsov put up more points as well in their draft seasons (if it makes it any better, Podkolzin is a June bday while Kravtsov is a December bday)
MHL
Kravtsov-3 points in 1 game
Podkolzin-7 in 10
VHL
Kravtsov-7 in 9
Podkolzin-1 in 7
Not gonna bother posting KHL stats as Podkolzin’s only played one game there so far
Obviously Kravtsov was a late riser, but I’ve liked him all throughout his draft year and even said pre-draft that I wouldn’t be surprised if Kravtsov ended up as the 2nd or 3rd best of that class, now I’m not saying he will be, but just explaining how highly I thought of him even before he was a Ranger
Im not looking at stats. For instance, Bulat Shafigulan has more impressive stats then Podkolzin yet Pod is def the much better prospect. I think pod has all the tools to be a superstar imo. I guess u can say its close bw him and VK. But I prefer Podkolzin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->