RW/LW Valentin Zykov (2013, 37th, LAK; 2016 trade, CAR; claimed by EDM; claimed by VGK)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No but he was once a Kings prospect, remember. ;) Zykov was always lazy and not a two way player.

I just noticed this topic and think he still isnt.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And Dadonov was once part of the Canes organization, and wasn't NHL caliber or even a very good AHL player (and Florida pretty much gave him away to Carolina). ;) Guys can evolve and improve their game. If Zykov is the same today as he was when he was a Kings prospect and hasn't improved his game and is lazy, then you are probably right that he won't amount to much in the NHL.

My bigger concern with him when I've seen him is he doesn't seem very fast, which in today's NHL is critical.

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016

Lit the lamp against the Coyotes. Pretty typical goal for him, have to say. If re-signed, could he pick up a roster spot next season? With Aho ja Teräväinen he should be fine, regardless of being in the second line or in the third line.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lit the lamp against the Coyotes. Pretty typical goal for him, have to say. If re-signed, could he pick up a roster spot next season? With Aho ja Teräväinen he should be fine, regardless of being in the second line or in the third line.

Yeah, the fact that he can't quite keep up with the speed of Aho and Teräväinen may not be a bad thing. Aho is so damn smart with the puck that he'll either find TT in a soft spot or Zykov coming in late. His big body can help down low as well. Only 1 game though so tempering enthusiasm. Need to see a longer stretch to say he's an NHL player, but definitely off to a promising start for sure.

He's an RFA so don't see any reason they won't re-sign him if they give him a legit chance at an NHL spot.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Wait, so you got this guy in excange for versteeg?

How's his overall game, does he have to be a scorer in the NHL to stay or does he have other qualities aswell?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Wait, so you got this guy in excange for versteeg?

How's his overall game, does he have to be a scorer in the NHL to stay or does he have other qualities aswell?
He’s a big body, but I don’t think he’ll ever be a huge hitter or anything. He seems best suited to causing chaos in front of the net. He scored another goal tonight baking home a rebound in the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad