RW/LW Klim Kostin (2017, 31st, STL, traded to EDM)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He has been at a point per game for the last 10 games or so. He is finally starting to show his true potential.

would love to see him get another call up this season.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He has been at a point per game for the last 10 games or so. He is finally starting to show his true potential.

would love to see him get another call up this season.

Getting a taste of NHL action can be a big motivator, it seemed to inspire Guryanov now I'm hoping Kostin can get more games and Sokolov gets some NHL action this year to give them an idea the level they need to reach.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Is it safe to say that if a top-9 guy would fall to an injury, he's the one who will receive the call ? He seems to be playing with more confidence if we compare 19-20 to his 2 previous seasons in the AHL.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Probably between Walker and kostin, but I'd suspect st Louis will be adding at the deadline.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Wonder if Kostin gets loaned to the KHL at some point like some other teams are doing with their Russian minor league players. Would be good to get him some playing time.

Reactions: EXTRAS

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Isn't Omsk pretty stacked this year, will Kostin even fit into their top 6?
Maybe, but it's not like it's for a long period of time. Only until training camp starts. Good way to get him some ice time in a competitive game. Hasn't had that since March

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Maybe, but it's not like it's for a long period of time. Only until training camp starts. Good way to get him some ice time in a competitive game. Hasn't had that since March

Would have been nice for him to get in a Kravtsov type situation on a weaker team but yeah anything is better than nothing I guess

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
He stinks.

He went to play hockey in NA at 18 to "pursue his NHL dream". Such a starry-eyed fool. Ruined his own career.

These kids learn nothing from past mistakes. It is time to force them to stay in Russia until they turn at least 20.

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He stinks.

He went to play hockey in NA at 18 to "pursue his NHL dream". Such a starry-eyed fool. Ruined his own career.

These kids learn nothing from past mistakes. It is time to force them to stay in Russia until they turn at least 20.
He got 6.5 minutes of ice time in his last game, and slightly more than 4 the game before that. Usage matters...if you’re barely getting 4th line minutes with bad line mates and no PP, you’re not exactly being put in a position to thrive as a 21yo.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
He got 6.5 minutes of ice time in his last game, and slightly more than 4 the game before that. Usage matters...if you’re barely getting 4th line minutes with bad line mates and no PP, you’re not exactly being put in a position to thrive as a 21yo.
I have watched him play with my own eyes in multiple games this season. He cannot keep up with the play and his hockey sense is lacking. His skating looks slow and the needed agility and shiftiness is not there.

If he was once considered a promising prospect I see none of that anymore in his game. He looks like a VHL level players on the ice.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He stinks.

Yeah, guys like Sergachev and Provorov ruined their careers by playing in North America.

Different players develop in different ways. And there are large differences between the way clubs have been successful in developing players.

Russian players, like players in all countries, should have the opportunity to pursue the best path for their individual growth. For some, that opportunity is in Russia. With a finite number of options, it may be necessary for other players to head elsewhere.

Reactions: cg98 and Eegs

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I have watched him play with my own eyes in multiple games this season. He cannot keep up with the play and his hockey sense is lacking. His skating looks slow and the needed agility and shiftiness is not there.

If he was once considered a promising prospect I see none of that anymore in his game. He looks like a VHL level players on the ice.

Playing 18 -20 minutes a game, in the AHL, made him slow, and his hockey sense lacking, that somehow playing 4 minutes a game in the KHL would have fixed? Maybe he's just not that good?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He stinks.

He was getting NHL games last season showing that the Blues are happy with his progress . He is probably just out of shape or like Ovi and other Russian NHLers, not fitted for European game after being away for a few years .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad