RW/LW Klim Kostin (2017, 31st, STL, traded to EDM)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Hmm, 1 goal, 5 pts in 8 games. On a team, where Nate Walker has 12 pts and 7 goals in 8 games.
"Beast", "NHLer", "very exited". What is going on here?

Reactions: kp61c

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hmm, 1 goal, 5 pts in 8 games. On a team, where Nate Walker has 12 pts and 7 goals in 8 games.

One of those players is 25 and the other is 20 in a men's league. Kostin can very well look like an NHLer and future beast, while still not contributing a ton offensively yet. Walker is a tiny offensive player...hopefully he works out at the nhl level.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

Have you watched any of his AHL games? He's the type of player who can't single handedly drive play. When he has decent linemates who have wheels and can match his skill, he is a very productive player in the offensive zone and has high end potential in that regard. Part of the reason why I think he succeeded in the NHL's preseason and in the rookie camp games was because he played with a better collection of players, or rather players who matched his skillset better. Is that a knock on him that he can't drive a line himself? I don't know. I guess it is, but he is a damn good player and an absolute beast. If he gets a callup here, you'll see him do more in the pros than in the AHL, mark my words. This is coming from an unbiased non-blues fan.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How has he played since his call up? I see hes been playing very limited mins, but in that time does his potential show? Or too tough to tell

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
How has he played since his call up? I see hes been playing very limited mins, but in that time does his potential show? Or too tough to tell

Solid. You can tell he's young and still has to think about where to be at times, but he has made a couple really nice moves and passes. Keeps it simple, backchecks hard, hits, goes to the front of the net. Does basically everything you'd want from a bottom six player other than kill penalties - but, due to his limited icetime and linemates, he doesn't get a lot of looks. Many Blues fans want to see him get a chance with Perron and O'Reilly or Schwartz and Schenn and I pretty much agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->