RW Lenni Killinen - Ässät Pori, Liiga (104th, CAR, 2018 )

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=332303
https://finnprospects.com/player/lenni-killinen/
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/2018/18_killinen_l.html

Finnish Junior Hockey.com comment.

The most talented player on Blues U18 in the past season.
Killinen is a highly talented winger who can beat defenders in various ways.

He has excellent mobility – agility and footwork are top notch.
He utilizes his speed impressively when driving to the net with the puck.
Has good hands, a great shot and advances the game with effective passes.

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Will he have a shot at Liiga?

He plays for Blues, they have a team in the finnish second tier, Mestis. Should get a shot playing there unless he is planning to play in NCAA like many other Blues juniors have in the past few years

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He plays for Blues, they have a team in the finnish second tier, Mestis. Should get a shot playing there unless he is planning to play in NCAA like many other Blues juniors have in the past few years

They don't. That team does not have a Mestis license and the Blues juniors aren't under their control anymore, either.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
They don't. That team does not have a Mestis license and the Blues juniors aren't under their control anymore, either.

Weren't they supposed to get new money this week(other than Salonoja)? Haven't really followed these case because of work.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Weren't they supposed to get new money this week(other than Salonoja)? Haven't really followed these case because of work.

Espoo United has press conference in Early August where Salonoja announces a new partner who's gonna bring more money to Espoo United.

Salonoja hasn't told in public who that partner is.
The fact is still that Espoo United's future in Mestis is questionable.

Finnish Hockey Association sent a further explanation of the request to Espoo United and Espoo United has answered on it.
But nothing official decisions of suspending Espoo United's mestis licence has not yet been done.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Lenni is really good prospect. I like how he attacks with speed through neutral zone going outside protecting puck well. i see him as 2nd rounder and 5th best finn for the draft

1. Ramus Kupari
2. Jesperi Kotkaniemi
3. Jesse Ylönen
4. Justus Annunen
5. Lenni Killinen

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Lenni is really good prospect. I like how he attacks with speed through neutral zone going outside protecting puck well. i see him as 2nd rounder and 5th best finn for the draft

1. Ramus Kupari
2. Jesperi Kotkaniemi
3. Jesse Ylönen
4. Justus Annunen
5. Lenni Killinen

Why Kupari as the first Finn? I would still say that Kotkaniemi and maybe even Ylönen should go before him. I'm not at least yet sold on Kupari's productivity offensively. It could of course still change and I might be wrong. But anyway so far Kotkaniemi and also Ylönen have showed more offensive potential in my opinion.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why Kupari as the first Finn? I would still say that Kotkaniemi and maybe even Ylönen should go before him. I'm not at least yet sold on Kupari's productivity offensively. It could of course still change and I might be wrong. But anyway so far Kotkaniemi and also Ylönen have showed more offensive potential in my opinion.

Kupari definitely is not ahead of Kotkaniemi, that makes zero sense if you're trying to be even remotely objective.

Personally, Killinen is in the 5-7 range for me, definitely behind Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Kupari and Nordgren.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
This guy has a name that sounds like something a non-native speaker would conjure for fake Finnish. Hilarious.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nice to see that the team's seemingly gotten its stuff in order. It'll be interesting to see how Mestis compares to Liiga as a development league.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
6'2, 180 lbs forward with good speed started the season strong in finnish juniors, notching 4 goals and 9 points in 8 games. Plays his off-wing. Had 1 assist in 4 games at the Hlinka Memorial. Only saw him in one game but he caught my eye. Any finnish posters have more info on this kid? How good of a prospect is he?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=332303

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Interesting, have only seen a bit of him and he’s quite intriguing. Shooting up my list as of late.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
His name sounds like something Lemmy Kilmister would have made up if he had had to escape to Finland and live under an alias
Was coming to say something similar haha. Most metal name in hockey

Stelio Mattheos and Blade Jenkins don't count

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Surprised of the lack of hype for Killinen, seems to be playing very well in u20 league and has good size as well.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Surprised of the lack of hype for Killinen, seems to be playing very well in u20 league and has good size as well.
Doing well in the u20 league, at least purely scoring-wise, isn't really a big deal for a u20 player. And really, he's not doing that spectacularly, either. Having only 7 goals hurts, too. For me personally, the bigger issue is that he was absolutely horrible in the Ivan Hlinka memorial tournament. And considering that this season as a whole is really nothing to write home about for a u20 player, I personally would have a hard time placing him in my top 100.

For a player like this, I'd really need to see him doing well in a men's league or at least a major international tournament before placing him much higher than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad