RW Kody Clark - Ottawa 67s, OHL (2018, 47th, WAS)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Someone that has caught my eye while watching Ottawa is first time draft eligible late birthday 99 Kody Clark He's a RW playing near a PPG pace with 17 points in 21 games with 9 goals, up from just 11 points last year. He's been playing on the top line all year with Sasha Chmelevski and Travis Barron and already one of his claims to fame is scoring the OT goal in three consecutive games for the 67s a few weeks ago. He's still a bit under the radar and was given a C rating by central scouting. He's the son of Wendel Clark so he should be fairly well known. Anyway, I thought he was threads worthy as I think he will be a sneaky pick for some team.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Back on the score sheet with a nice goal. Was very involved in the play and had lots of good chances. Keeping up a good scoring pace with 26 pts in 32 games even with the 67's being terrible lately

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Can anyone offer any insight into what kind of player Clark is? Just signed his ELC with the Capitals the other day. Seems to have size and skill but the offensive numbers aren't all there.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Can anyone offer any insight into what kind of player Clark is? Just signed his ELC with the Capitals the other day. Seems to have size and skill but the offensive numbers aren't all there.

Off of my scouting report;

69. RW Kody Clark - Ottawa 67's, OHL
Here at 69 lies the son of Leafs legend Wendel Clark, Kody. He didn't have an amazing season with only 39 points in 56 games, but shows some good skill and promise. Despite being Wendel's son, he plays a high skilled playmaking game and not as much grit as his father did. Kody has a fast release on his shot but could build up some power to help him beat goalies easier. He's known as a playmaker, showing some good vision and passing skill, but he takes a good amount of shots per game at 2.3, so with a little added power he could have a nice two pronged attack. He could work on his defensive abilites and shore them up because his backchecking is slow and his positioning could use a bit of work, but he shows some good offensive talent. Kody should be around 3 years away from the NHL at least, needing to work on his defense for sure.
Potential: Middle 6 Winger
Possibility: Medium

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
No one is talking about him because he’s in his 4th year of Junior and has 3 goals and 1 assist in 10 games with Ottawa and is -3. He was a very surprising pick (2nd round) by Washington based on his very mediocre body of work.Washington must see something tho. Not sure why they felt they needed to sign him. What’s the rush?
I’ve seen him play twice this year and was not impressed. Lot so of hockey ahead though. Maybe he had a good pro Camp? Very surprising all around.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've always liked Clark (obv as the thread starter) and then the sick irony of the Caps drafting him with Colorado's pick they got in the Gurbauer trade.

Clark is a power forward with a nice shot. He just needs to get more consistent and physical but the potential is there.

I'm happy to see he already signed his ELC. The Caps got two of my faves in him and Alexeyev.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
No one is talking about him because he’s in his 4th year of Junior and has 3 goals and 1 assist in 10 games with Ottawa and is -3. He was a very surprising pick (2nd round) by Washington based on his very mediocre body of work.Washington must see something tho. Not sure why they felt they needed to sign him. What’s the rush?
I’ve seen him play twice this year and was not impressed. Lot so of hockey ahead though. Maybe he had a good pro Camp? Very surprising all around.

Ive watched him weekly over the past few seasons and arguably the biggest draft over-reach I’ve seen in years!! He had a pretty good Fall last season and that hot spell (inexplicably?) carried him all the way to the 2nd round on draft day ! Very realistically he should have gone in the 5th to 7th range. Consider the second half of last season. From Jan 1 to the end of season he played a total of 35 games (including playoffs) and had 4 goals !! Take away two of those that were on the pp and one into an open net and he had a whopping ONE even strength goal (and a paltry 9 assists) in his final 35 OHL games heading into the draft. That’s not even close to 2nd round output. Not much better this season. 3G (1 of those on the pp) and a single Apple in 14 games so far, combined with suspect defensive play. Someone in the Cap organization obviously went to bat for him at last years draft and with the recent contract signing -in the face of mediocre play- the team is gambling that he’ll get back to where he was last Fall. I don’t see it myself but then who am I...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ive watched him weekly over the past few seasons and arguably the biggest draft over-reach I’ve seen in years!! He had a pretty good Fall last season and that hot spell (inexplicably?) carried him all the way to the 2nd round on draft day ! Very realistically he should have gone in the 5th to 7th range. Consider the second half of last season. From Jan 1 to the end of season he played a total of 35 games (including playoffs) and had 4 goals !! Take away two of those that were on the pp and one into an open net and he had a whopping ONE even strength goal (and a paltry 9 assists) in his final 35 OHL games heading into the draft. That’s not even close to 2nd round output. Not much better this season. 3G (1 of those on the pp) and a single Apple in 14 games so far, combined with suspect defensive play. Someone in the Cap organization obviously went to bat for him at last years draft and with the recent contract signing -in the face of mediocre play- the team is gambling that he’ll get back to where he was last Fall. I don’t see it myself but then who am I...
Tom Wilson was a big reach too..I think the Caps do fine with these.

Reactions: CapsJunkie
Aug 25, 2009
éal
He had a tough first pro season it seem with little ice time and some injuries... What Capitals fan are expecting in his case? Can he bounce back?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He had a tough first pro season it seem with little ice time and some injuries... What Capitals fan are expecting in his case? Can he bounce back?
After watching him in Ottawa quite a bit I would be very suprised if he plays in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad