RW Josh Filmon - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 166th, NJD)

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Swift Current is a really fun team to watch this year with all three of those guys. Josh Davies is another noticeable draft eligible player there that could be a (very) late round pick if a team likes his rugged playstyle and strong skating.

In my viewings of Filmon he seems to have a lot of untapped potential. Big, skinny kid with good hands and skates pretty well north/south. I've also been impressed with his effort level. He's done nothing but continue to get better as the season has gone on. I think there is definite room for improvement in his decision making and I don't think he's got high level creativity but he's certainly a guy I would start to look at in the late 2nd/early 3rd round due to his tools and development trajectory. I definitely see a world where he can be a complimentary top 6 forward in the NHL.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
1G + 1A vs Medicine Hat half way thru the game.

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW
59212041-11205014993

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
1 goal vs Calgary after 1 period...

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW
65232245-11245016796

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Swift Current is a really fun team to watch this year with all three of those guys. Josh Davies is another noticeable draft eligible player there that could be a (very) late round pick if a team likes his rugged playstyle and strong skating.

In my viewings of Filmon he seems to have a lot of untapped potential. Big, skinny kid with good hands and skates pretty well north/south. I've also been impressed with his effort level. He's done nothing but continue to get better as the season has gone on. I think there is definite room for improvement in his decision making and I don't think he's got high level creativity but he's certainly a guy I would start to look at in the late 2nd/early 3rd round due to his tools and development trajectory. I definitely see a world where he can be a complimentary top 6 forward in the NHL.
I’m a huge Josh Davies fan. Him and Liam Arnsby out in North Bay. Hoping my team takes a late round chance on each of them. Charlie Leddy at the NTDP is another limited offense, intangibles and grit guy that I like
in this draft, also.

Reactions: JMac13

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Wondering if anyone has gotten some good views of Filmon. I am more interested in his skating stride. At 6'3 160 he has next to no muscle on his frame, he could be a rare case of a player who can add 30 pounds and still skate well if his stride is sound.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Wondering if anyone has gotten some good views of Filmon. I am more interested in his skating stride. At 6'3 160 he has next to no muscle on his frame, he could be a rare case of a player who can add 30 pounds and still skate well if his stride is sound.
Bad skater. Choppy and unorthodox is what i‘ve noted.

It‘s rare to see a kid that tall but that slender - because of it you could see more develooment in his game if he gets stronger and fills out more. Reminds me a bit of Mark Stone at the same age but Stone was much, much further ahead in developing his body and strength.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

It‘s rare to see a kid that tall but that slender - because of it you could see more develooment in his game if he gets stronger and fills out more. Reminds me a bit of Mark Stone at the same age but Stone was much, much further ahead in developing his body and strength.
Well then...that's depressing.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Could some of his skating stride issues come from growing 7 inches in 2 years? I would think a 5’7” guy with poor skating would have had trouble even playing in top leagues.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
30g 17A 47 pts in 38 GP with the Swift Current Bronco's of the WHL

Filmon really deserves a lot of hype. I looked at the goal leaders of the entire CHL where he is 9th place and the players above him other then Bedard and Barlow are all older then him AND play in the Quebec league which generally is easier to score in.

The fact that he's a string bean makes me think that once he puts on some weight and muscle he will be doing even better next season. It's a bit early but there is a chance that Filmon could be the Devils best 6th round pick. (overtaking bratt)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
When a 6th rounder makes the CHL most goals this season list you know you have something special. Also when he's an old man he can show the list to his kids and be like

"Yes my children, I was on the same list as Bedard".:wally:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad