RW Joonas Donskoi (2010, 99th, FLA; signed 2015, SJS)

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
He impressed me a the rookie scrimmage last week and the full team scrimmage on Sunday but let's take it easy. The Sharks are deep at forward this year. I think he has given himself a chance to start the season with the Sharks on the 4th line. I would be very, very, very surprised if he broke the top 9.

bullslugg

Sep 20, 2007
Cali central valley
Having Donskoi playing this well kinda eases the disappointment of the Boudreau (spelling?) draft pick for me. Was hoping this was were his development should have been.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
First game of the season tonight, and he's starting at left wing on the Sharks' first line, along with Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski. He definitely impressed in the preseason, hope he can keep it up now that things are starting for real.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
0+0 +2 before the 3rd period. He's been really good so far considering it's his 1st NHL game. Really strong effort in Sharks 3rd goal by poke checking the puck for his team and then screening the Burns' shot.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Credited with his first NHL goal after Pavelski shot hits crossbar and deflects off of him into the net. Looking good.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Goal
[NHL]2015020004-349-ingame-h[/NHL]

Screen and battle vs Doughty in Burns' goal.
[NHL]2015020004-315-ingame-h[/NHL]

Last edited:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Sucks for Florida but he's continued to look good.

Donskoi has been a Free-Agent for quite some time...

He wasn't offered a contract by the Panthers because his skating couldn't keep up with the pace of the NHL.

He has made great great strides the last few years, and I'm happy for the kid, but it is hard to blame Florida or to think that we're pissed because of his success now.

He always had the hands though... But didn't develop that much after we drafted him.

Hope he can have a nice career with the Sharks !

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Donskoi has been a Free-Agent for quite some time...

He wasn't offered a contract by the Panthers because his skating couldn't keep up with the pace of the NHL.

He has made great great strides the last few years, and I'm happy for the kid, but it is hard to blame Florida or to think that we're pissed because of his success now.

He always had the hands though... But didn't develop that much after we drafted him.

Hope he can have a nice career with the Sharks !

He was offered a contract but refused. So either way, there was nothing Florida could do, and as Jagrov said, he wasn't that good of a prospect anyway and Still is a questionmark.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
[NHL]2015020004-349-ingame-h[/NHL]

Oppa Raahe style!

werk.gif

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
Credited with his first NHL goal after Pavelski shot hits crossbar and deflects off of him into the net. Looking good.

So thats what happened. I watched the goal like 10 times and could not figure out why he got the credit for it.

What a beautiful first goal in the NHL for him :sarcasm:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
This thread was a fun read. No disrespect to any of the contributors. You all may have been right in everything you said at the time. I have no idea. But seeing where he came from and went through to get to the NHL and now seeing him on Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski's line is crazy. He must be on cloud nine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad