RW Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket, AHL (2018, 35th, MTL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is there a reason he is scoring at a slower pace in his third Liiga season? Is he playing a smaller role or has he had some tough luck so far?

yes he's getting less ice time as he's been moved around but appears to spend more time on the 3rd line this year. He's averaged about 14 mins per game though so perhaps it has something to do with linemates as well as he may not be looking to play his best knowing he'll be leaving in a month or so when NHL camps hopefully start.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC

I am guessing you have watched a fair bit of Jesse this season, Montreal? If so, how has he looked in general? Has he made any significant strides that you can see? Based just off stat lines, he really seems to have stagnated the last couple years...hoping there has been some development you've seen. Thanks in advance!!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I am guessing you have watched a fair bit of Jesse this season, Montreal? If so, how has he looked in general? Has he made any significant strides that you can see? Based just off stat lines, he really seems to have stagnated the last couple years...hoping there has been some development you've seen. Thanks in advance!!

no his games are really hard to get in North America. Just highlights

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Pleasantly surprised. I'll be honest, thought he was going to be another Collberg situation. Might actually be a prospect.
Yes, I get what you are saying. I was getting kind of the same vibes however he was a much useful player in Liga then Collberg ever was in the SHL.
I think he really needed a change of scenery. Really like what Bouchard is doing down in Laval so far.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Playing really well, any chance that he'd get called up?

I doubt it, but he'll get a chance at the NHL next year when we let some or all of Tatar, Armia, and Lehkonen go. Especially in a longer season with a higher risk of injuries he'll get his chance at some point even if he doesn't start in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad