RW Jesse Puljujarvi - Bakersfield Condors, AHL (2016, 4th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I hope some team is dumb enough to think the issue with Puljujarvi is his English just isn't good enough lol.

The dude can't play.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Puljujärvi isnt the brightest. He is a good kid,who wasnt good in school. He doesnt got the brains. He has all the tools but no toolbox. He is coached badly, thrown in with new linemates and cant communicate properly. A kid like this, with learning weaknesses, should be given more time to get used to linemates and what his job is. I do think he has a chance to succeed in the NHL, but not with Oilers. Carolina would be the best fit for him. Aho would be a great fit and help with the language...

Not sure how you know how Pulju did in school as a kid. But you know that Gretzky was a highschool dropout right?
School smarts dont translate to hockey smarts

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Not sure how you know how Pulju did in school as a kid. But you know that Gretzky was a highschool dropout right?
School smarts dont translate to hockey smarts

Several newspapers in Finland has told that Jesse got special help in school. If you have learning problems that usually also reflects on on-ice IQ.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I hope some team is dumb enough to think the issue with Puljujarvi is his English just isn't good enough lol.

The dude can't play.

He can play, but his decisionmaking and on-ice-IQ is below average. He has a good shot, hands, speed and size. He just needs stabile(not changing every game) linemates to adapt with and maybe better individual coaching?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He can play, but his decisionmaking and on-ice-IQ is below average. He has a good shot, hands, speed and size. He just needs stabile(not changing every game) linemates to adapt with and maybe better individual coaching?
I think you understand well his situation and his weaknesses. I believe in pretty much all the things that you have posted here about him recently. He is not a lost case, if he will get the right kind of coaching. But with the kind of stubborn and stupid coaching that McLellan and the Oilers are doing, he will most likely be completely ruined in a year or two.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Several newspapers in Finland has told that Jesse got special help in school. If you have learning problems that usually also reflects on on-ice IQ.
Does it really?

Ryan Smyth was dumb as a stump and his on-ice IQ was just fine.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Does it really?

Ryan Smyth was dumb as a stump and his on-ice IQ was just fine.

How do you know he was dumb as a stump?

I agree with what you mean though... Parros is supposed to be very well educated. On ice... not very good.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He hasn't demonstrated the shot, hands or speed for that matter at the NHL level.

He doesn't belong in this league. Never has.

Oilers might have contributed to ruining him, but it was by having him anywhere close to the NHL over the previous 2 seasons.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Puljujärvi isnt the brightest. He is a good kid,who wasnt good in school. He doesnt got the brains. He has all the tools but no toolbox. He is coached badly, thrown in with new linemates and cant communicate properly. A kid like this, with learning weaknesses, should be given more time to get used to linemates and what his job is. I do think he has a chance to succeed in the NHL, but not with Oilers. Carolina would be the best fit for him. Aho would be a great fit and help with the language...

Are you trying to be ironic with this or is this for real? Im not sure?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild with Granlund and Koivu might be a good fit, also.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How do you know he was dumb as a stump?

I agree with what you mean though... Parros is supposed to be very well educated. On ice... not very good.
Gordie Howe and Rocket Richard weren't genius's in the class room, either. Pat Quinn got a law degree.

Nuff said.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Seems like another poor pick by the Oilers.... But its too early to say imo. I would gladly take him in MTL and see how he does with players like Domi, Drouin, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen and Armia (literally skilled players and/or fellow Finns).

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
And people were making fun of Jarmo for taking PLD lol.

Chia being as obsessive about toughness as he is... you have to guess that the guy is on heavy anti-depressants for not selecting Tkatchuk with the pick.

I get why he did... but Tkatchuk is literally Brad Marchand annoying in Lucic's body. His talent level seems somewhere between the two as well.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
So much hyperbole regarding a 20 year old player.

I'm ready to write him off when he turns 25 and hasn't performed.

Reactions: lawrence

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I remember a couple Finnish posters at the draft saying they think he’ll be better than Matthews, and some said both Laine and Matthews.

I guess there’s always a handful like that.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I’m not one to usually get offended, but are you suggesting that because Jesse might have had a learning disability that it makes him a dumb hockey player? That seems a little low to suggest for me and I highly doubt there is a significant correlation between the two. Again I’m trying not to be too reactionary, but I really hope that’s not what you’re suggesting.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
So much hyperbole regarding a 20 year old player.

I'm ready to write him off when he turns 25 and hasn't performed.
That's so long, anyone can do that. It just shows you can't evaluate a players ceiling based on what they've shown. For every Nino that turns it around there are hundreds of busts that people forget about.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
I think he doesn't have the actual IQ to succeed in NHL. He appears just plain stupid off-ice.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Poolparty is an animal like monkey. He will be so good but you need to teach him first. Personally I think he is the funniest NHL player off the ice.

Jun 15, 2007
I’m not one to usually get offended, but are you suggesting that because Jesse might have had a learning disability that it makes him a dumb hockey player? That seems a little low to suggest for me and I highly doubt there is a significant correlation between the two. Again I’m trying not to be too reactionary, but I really hope that’s not what you’re suggesting.

You think there isn't relationship whatsoever between real life IQ and hockey IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad