RW Jesse Puljujärvi - Karpat, FEL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Will Pulju become the first Finnish prospect to have a 1000 post topic before being drafted?

Maybe Rajala or Granlund?

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Another good game for Puljujärvi.

Also, I think that Sebastian Repo (b. 1996) has a good chance of getting drafted next summer. He has 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 games so far.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Here's 2 assists from his last 2 games

I like how he finally seems to be using that good skating to overtake opponents.

Teukka

Jul 17, 2007
That Donkey Kong-ish reach that he uses to protect the puck (and accidentally slash the ref in the face when celebrating his "kick-in goal") is fun to watch. The argument for height being an advantage in hockey has been made. Combine that with incredible speed, stickhandling skill and a very sharp passing ability and you have yourself a contender for 1st overall :) He still needs to shift to higher gear in order to challenge Matthews, but right now the direction is a correct one. Always knew the kid had it in him, though, and things can change if he makes them change.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
That Donkey Kong-ish reach that he uses to protect the puck (and accidentally slash the ref in the face when celebrating his "kick-in goal") is fun to watch. The argument for height being an advantage in hockey has been made. Combine that with incredible speed, stickhandling skill and a very sharp passing ability and you have yourself a contender for 1st overall :) He still needs to shift to higher gear in order to challenge Matthews, but right now the direction is a correct one. Always knew the kid had it in him, though, and things can change if he makes them change.

He just needs to start shooting more. 6 games this year with only one shot, that's simply not enough to score goals.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
At this development pace id say atleast 1-2 Years of AHL to learn north american game.

"At least" is wrong there. He could even very well break in right away, if he has a good season and summer now. No way it's "at least". More like max 2 years of A, where 0-1 more likely.

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Folks whats his ETA to play in the NHL

If it were up to me, I'd give him one more year to develop his confidence and frame before bringing him into the NHL.

That being said, I said the same about Barkov too. I still think Barkov could have used another season, but he's not doing poorly.

I'm the type of guy that doesn't want their prospects to make the show until they're ready for the kind of role that reflects their potential. Puljujarvi could probably play in the NHL next year without looking out of place, but bottom 6 minutes and spot PP time scoring roughly 25-30 points isn't what I want out of him, so I'd rather he gets big minutes elsewhere.

I want my prospects coming into the NHL and making an impact, not just holding their own. I'm not sure Puljujarvi can be an impact player immediately next season.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
At this development pace id say atleast 1-2 Years of AHL to learn north american game.

This is what happens when you have superhuman expectations on a player.(there are better examples like people saying he wont be a first rounder). he'll be sold short if he isn't performing on a God Tier level.

If Rantanen could make it to the NHL then why can't Puljujärvi? sure it depends on his team but still

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
He needs to gain much more strength if he wishes to play at NHL level a year from now. Gets knocked down way too easily.

To me seems like a prospect that shouldn't be rushed so at least one more year in AHL/Liiga before seriously pushing for a NHL job.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is what happens when you have superhuman expectations on a player.(there are better examples like people saying he wont be a first rounder). he'll be sold short if he isn't performing on a God Tier level.

If Rantanen could make it to the NHL then why can't Puljujärvi? sure it depends on his team but still

Rantanen is further ahead physically than Puljujärvi.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I'm hoping the Sabres get some lottery luck this year. The thought of Puljujarvi playing alongside Eichel and Kane. .. I just want all the #9s.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Rantanen is further ahead physically than Puljujärvi.

I wouldn't rule out a summer of hard work in the gym to change that, but yeah it's pretty early to say. I'd kinda expect him to make the NHL next year though but we'll see.

Orvelo

Jul 3, 2015
Guys that are both tall and fast have the disadvantage of not looking that fast until you compare their velocity to the opposing defenders' :laugh: Ridiculous stride. Ridiculous.

i can't believe some journos are calling him slow!?! He's so fast and tall aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->