RW Jack Quinn - Ottawa 67’s, OHL (2020, 8th, BUF)

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Jack Quinn at eliteprospects.com

Not seeing a thread for this kid yet, and he seems to be a decent prospect for the 2020 draft. Ranked #19 by Hockeyprospects.com and putting up decent #'s in the OHL. Looks to have some sick hands.

Anybody have a chance to see this kid play frequently, and if so, what are your thoughts on his game and where he could be drafted? Curious as well if he plays on a line with Rossi.

Some highlights:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's playing with Marco Rossi. He has some individual skill, but I think him playing with Rossi makes him look better.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He's playing with Marco Rossi. He has some individual skill, but I think him playing with Rossi makes him look better.
While it would certainly have a beneficial impact on his offensive stats, he’s a legitimately very good player who absolutely deserves to be on that first round bubble right now. Rossi’s production is certainly helped by playing with him, too.

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Jack Quinn does NOT play on a line with Marco Rossi. Rossi centers two overagers, Austen Keating and Joe Garreffa.

Quinn plays with Devils prospect Mitch Hoelscher and a rotating third player on their line due to injuries.

Correct.

They've seen some time together on special teams and have been out there together at times in the final minute to help protect leads (because both are solid defensive players).

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I’m surprised he doesn’t have a thread, unless I’m missing something because I searched for another thread for him.

Jack Quinn at eliteprospects.com

He just scored a hat trick versus Kingston. 26 goals in 34 games (41 points).

Missed last years draft cut off by 4 days.

Reactions: nally

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
Never made a AAA team till minor midget . Three years later knocking on the 1st round ..lol
It's true, I can see him making a push for a top 15-20 1st round pick. Although the kid is benefiting from a late 2001 birthday for the 2020 draft, his upside may be greater than other younger draft eligibles. Maybe earlier on his development curve. NEVER picked on his districts AAA team, never played hockey year round, insanely gifted athlete and elite at whatever he did from hockey, golf to baseball. Scouts are going to love hearing that. He has great edges, soft hands and about as deft a touch you can have inside the blue line, and also plays responsibly in all 3 zones. He is or will be quickly losing his 'sleeper' tag.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Leading the OHL in goals now at 35 in 41 games. He is absolutely on fire, not a typical late as this is only his second year in the league and he is still growing. Might be a top 10 pick if he keeps on scoring at this pace. He has been absolutely dominant.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Can anyone tell me about his strengths/weaknesses/playing style?

I haven't watched much of him apart from a couple highlight videos, but his stats suggest he might be in the Oilers range this year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He plays on the 67s 2nd line with Holscher as his Center...not with Rissi who is the 1C for the67s.

True..RECENTLY(past few games) ...Quinn did move upto the top PP unit...but only because Austen Keating has been out of the lineup injured...Keating plays on the top line with Rossi and Hareffa and they all were onthe #1 pp unit until Keating got hurt.

This Most of Quinn'sgoaks and points came not on the PP this season.

Also he has realkyvtaken off since about the 3rd week of November...before No ember 20 (I think it was) he had only 10 goals..so 25 goals since then...

We knew about all the top CHL firward prospect stars for a top ten or top 5 before the start of this season...Lafreniere Byfield Rossi and Perfetti ...and all have performed great.. ut Qinn was not meant top ten ranking consideration..Now it is not far-fetched to think he could be in that top 10...
He has developed and improved tova greater extent than any of the others who were expected to produce as much as they have.

Point is you watch Quinn now and you feel there is even a higher ceiling ..He keeps on
better and better as the season has progressed.

So his stats would even be higher had he been on the 67s top Pp fron the start ofctge season.

When Keating gets back from injury Quinn will be off the top Pp unitcagain.

So just keep the circumstances in mind and do not look at his lesser points stats than thevother top forwards from the CHL (Lafreniere from the Q andByfield Rossi and Perfetti from the O)...Nobidy has progressed more than Quinn this season ...you can just see it in his game)...

As far as the pure shot goes ...Quinn is right there with Holz..itis that goodvofca shot.

But Quinn is a far better all round player than Holz who seems to be ranked mid to latextop ten..
Tgere is something that just screams "pro" about Quinn and his game now...You get the impression he will transition without question into an impact top six RW in the NHL.

Still...like Byfield ..I would not expect him to be I the NHL next season= both need 1 more year of juniors to reach a top ceiling of juniors play ..they have more to progress to.

Whereas Lafreniere and Rossi could jump right away to NHl teams and impact.There us nothing more for them in juniors.Perfetti maybe also could jump in right away he is that skilled and not sure he will get much better in juniors next season.

So again..I do not think it out of the question that Quinn go co top ten..He should.. I like his NHL potential better than Hilz sho is a 1 trick pony (shot).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Can anyone tell me about his strengths/weaknesses/playing style?

I haven't watched much of him apart from a couple highlight videos, but his stats suggest he might be in the Oilers range this year.

Elusive and fluid right handed scoring winger, with elite hands, high end edgework and good vision. Appears to play either wing with ease, great work ethic and has good defensive instincts. Stylistically in a Marner/Pasternak mold. I thought he would be more of a play maker when I watched him last season but this year he needs to be the finisher on the line so he is finishing. Can PK, PP play in all situations, doesnt cheat defensively for offense.

He has actually been on the first pp for the majority of the season even with Keating in the lineup they go 4 forwards and 1 d man on the first unit.

At even strength he plays with Mitch Hoelscher and a rotating winger that has been a 16 year old more often then not. He just seems to get better every game I watch him. His production this weekend playing 4 games in 4 nights was pretty wild. Including the top prospects game he had 6 goals and 8 points over 4 games.

Started off his rookie 2018/2019 season at 5'9 he appears to still be growing and just recently hit 6'1.

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019
So his stats would even be higher had he been on the 67s top Pp fron the start ofctge season.

When Keating gets back from injury Quinn will be off the top Pp unitcagain.

Good comment except that Quinn has been playing on the top PP unit for quite some time now I think, even with Keating in the lineup. Hoelscher is the one who took Keating's place in his absence, and he will be the one to get demoted to the 2nd unit once Keating comes back

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good comment except that Quinn has been playing on the top PP unit for quite some time now I think, even with Keating in the lineup. Hoelscher is the one who took Keating's place in his absence, and he will be the one to get demoted to the 2nd unit once Keating comes back

Correct he has been playing the first PP pretty much all season. They have been running 4 forwards 1 D man. Rossi, Keating, Gareffa, Quinn and Hoefenmayer on the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad