RW Eeli Tolvanen (2017, 30th, NSH) Part III

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Ah so this is why he didnt play for Milwaukee yesterday.

Pretty weird since his stats are not anywhere near amazing.

Maybe they dont think Milwaukee is the best place for him?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki

I mean it's a situation that allows them to accomplish two things. 1) hopefully provide a spark for his season 2) give him the opportunity to play in a role suited for him as they're short 2 top 6 forwards

Makes sense to call him up and give it a go.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver

I don't know his contract situation, but I thought he had a clause which allowed him to go back to Europe. Since his numbers don't really warrant a call-up, I wouldn't be surprised if Nashville is giving him one last look before he goes overseas.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Glad they are taking a look now. It will be WJC season in a few weeks too, and while I assume the plan would have been to let him go to that, I think with the team hurting and especially that Arvidsson spot empty it is a good time to just make sure there is nothing he can do to help before dispatching him back to the international stage.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

No, we have Arvidsson and Turris both out for a bit and Lavy hasn't been able to find enough cohesion with the offense in their absence. Barring him lighting it up while on the big club I'd expect for him to go right back to the Ads when they return.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't know his contract situation, but I thought he had a clause which allowed him to go back to Europe. Since his numbers don't really warrant a call-up, I wouldn't be surprised if Nashville is giving him one last look before he goes overseas.

He had 10 games to decide. It was settled long ago that he was in NA to stay, whether it was NHL or AHL and Tolvanen himself had already decided that before he hit the 10 games. He played in NA before the KHL and he is determined to play in the NHL, he knows being in the AHL right now is his best chance for that.

Reactions: TheNewKid

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
He had 10 games to decide. It was settled long ago that he was in NA to stay, whether it was NHL or AHL and Tolvanen himself had already decided that before he hit the 10 games. He played in NA before the KHL and he is determined to play in the NHL, he knows being in the AHL right now is his best chance for that.

ahh, thanks for the clarification!

Reactions: Legionnaire11

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
He looked pretty good out there. He seemed to have a lot of confidence and I liked that he didn't try to change his game. He is a shooter and I liked that he wasn't deferring to the veteran players on the ice. He wanted the puck and either put a shot on net, or attempted a shot, every chance he got. He was only credited with two actual shots on net, but there were other shot attempts that were blocked or deflected. Overall, I was very happy with that performance. Let's see if he can build on this and show some more promise against some tougher competition (Chicago really isn't a very good team this year. They came out flat footed, and losing Keith for the entire game didn't help).

LaMascarade

Sep 9, 2016
This thread has been so quiet for so long now... Not much to be said but has 8pts in last 9 games. Is he finally heating up?
Could anybody comment on his gameplay or areas where he has improved/regressed?

LaMascarade

Sep 9, 2016
"The next great goal scorer is about to enter the league. In this thread we follow his path on taking Preds to the cup."

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Is it ok to move him into the bust category, or will he have to move to another club and not work out to cement it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->