RW Eeli Tolvanen (2017, 30th, NSH) Part III

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Has it showed in any NHL games, preseason or not?
Ehh, not entirely. but then hasn't totally been in a "position to succeed" either, in terms of linemates etc. Hence the "ish"... I feel like if a team really bought into his international stage success and pushed him out there in a legit top-6 role, he may have fared better. But a lot of teams don't have that kind of spot to present on a silver platter. Certainly the Preds don't. He had some decent showings, but I think all in all we hoped for more. It's not wrong that the Preds would send him to the AHL, purely on training camp merit. I kind of feel like his resume ought to have given him a little more leeway than most players get. But it's fair either way.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I thought he was good enough to make the team in camp, but we already have 6 top-9 wingers (Forsberg, Arvidsson, Smith, Fiala, Hartman, Jarnkrok) and I guess he didn't do well enough to take a spot from any of those guys.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
3 assists last night.

His 10th game will be in Manitoba this upcoming Saturday, so we'll know after that if he plans to stick around or go back to Jokerit.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Apparently there's book being released about him soon...

Also he confirmed he is staying in AHL instead of going to KHL.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Smart move for him. He’ll likely make less money this season, but at least he will be getting used to the North American game and smaller rinks. He was amazing last season and I could see him easily putting up a point per game in the AHL this year.

Reactions: Koijari

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Smart move for him. He’ll likely make less money this season, but at least he will be getting used to the North American game and smaller rinks. He was amazing last season and I could see him easily putting up a point per game in the AHL this year.
I agree. Most of all, he needs to adjust his game to the smaller rink. Otherwise he'll become another Teemu Pulkkinen.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->