RW Eeli Tolvanen Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2017, 30th, NSH) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tolvanen has some impressive aspects to his play other than his offense. Him being able to make acceptable plays immediately rather than holding the puck for too long is definitely beneficial in my opinion.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Tolvanen is playing well so far today. Definitely a steal in the draft it looks like now.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Yes, definitely been noticeable today.

Again great takeaway and one good puck protection and scoring chance created plus good shot just after writing that last post. That was not only solid, but he was showing some domination in that shift.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Again great takeaway and one good puck protection and scoring chance created plus good shot just after writing that last post. That was not only solid, but he was showing some domination in that shift.

He's been very impressive indeed. Especially in the second period. And people whom say that he has only average skating are really wrong. He has in fact clearly improved with his skating from last year. And even then his skating was at least above average.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Yeah that was a really impressive shift. He was really active on the forecheck and created like 3 chances. I wonder who his line is matched up against?

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
It's my first time seeing him play other than the highlights in the KHL. It's looking good.

He has had couple of good chances but so far no goals. Shooting from that 20-30ft distance it's only a matter of time when he's on the scoresheet.

He also checked down that Lugin guy who seemingly got angry about it and went after a wrong guy.. He may look small to you but he doesn't play small. Plays like a man.

And he plays on a line that has Palola in it. I think Palola is overrated and outside of shooting he really isn't a very high end player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's been very impressive indeed. Especially in the second period. And people whom say that he has only average skating are really wrong. He has in fact clearly improved with his skating from last year. And even then his skating was at least above average.

I wonder how long people will keep calling him a weak skater. If I saw him for the first play I'd consider his skating impressive.

He had a pretty ridiculous stickhandling play to generate a chance for a teammate that shouldn't really have existed. Very exciting.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Had a good one timer near the end of the game. Goalie was in on it and got the puck.

Now OT and a better chance. Tolvanen assisted the GWG. Could've shot it himself but kept on passing for another guy.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Another assist to the ot game winner! 3+3=6 after three played road games as an 18 year old rookie, and in the second best professional hockey league in the world. Not too shabby!

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
There is just something special the way he plays on the powerplay. Everytime he has the puck you just know he is going make something happen.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Tolvanen really wanted to give it to Palola. He could've shot it topself himself, had a ton of space.

Good game from him!

ijuka

May 14, 2016
There is just something special the way he plays on the powerplay. Everytime he has the puck you just know he is going make something happen.

He plays as the PP playmaker, but he also has a pretty ridiculous shot. That's a great asset.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
He plays as the PP playmaker, but he also has a pretty ridiculous shot. That's a great asset.

It's a good spot as he can be set up for a onetimer, and when he sees an opening he can quickly cut into the middle and fire a wrister.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
After tuning off the Eeli's first game after second period just to find out he scored a hat-trick in the last period, figured I wasn't going to let that happen again.

Yeah well, he had kind of amazing game again. Assisted two goals where the last one was the game winner. At the overtime was thinking why doesn't the kid just bury it, but he seems to have Laine-like patience with the puck where he just doesn't try to force it (even while having that ridiculous wrist shot) but always keeps an eye for an open lanes. Another thing that caught the attention was Tolvanen not being afraid of contact. He threw that one guy on the ice, and the kid weights like what, 180lbs?

Said it after last game as well, but he was taking over again at the last minutes. Protected the puck in the offensive zone and stick-handled his way inside the blue line with self-confidence while looking for a way to bury it and almost did. Luckily his game didn't end there. Color me impressed.

Still kind of crazy thinking he's playing at the KHL and not only looking, but playing like a pro.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He also was very close to scoring a goal. Had a nice one timer on a cross ice pass but the goalie made a very good stop.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
fa852bd57de2a4ab785899d6b8dcd4fa.png

Not a bad company to be in. He'll drop down of course but for now it looks funny.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
fa852bd57de2a4ab785899d6b8dcd4fa.png

Not a bad company to be in. He'll drop down of course but for now it looks funny.
Or will he? :naughty:

Yeah, things are going to get tougher for Eeli as the season goes on but it wouldn't surprise me if Tolvanen continues to be the top scorer for Jokerit.

If he stays healthy and has the stamina to play through the whole season, who knows what his point totals will be at the end of the season.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Watched all 3 Jokerit games so far.

Kid looks very good for 18 yr old. He does remind me of Tarasenko in some ways. Obviously not built like a tank, at least not yet, but he handles the puck the same way, looks for shooting opportunities the same way and always tries to challenge d-men.

Could become a poor mans Tarasenko, like 25-25 type of player in the NHL. And if the stars align, 30 goals isn't out of the question, but i'd rather be a bit conservative. Sniper on the Preds 2nd line seems like where NSH would like to slot him anyway in the future.

He's obviously playing with a ton of confidence. True test is when adversity hits and games get tougher as the year goes on. But couldn't have asked for a better start.

If he becomes as good as Tank though, there's going to be some fun times ahead for us Finns :laugh:

Im really impressed how strong he looks on his skates though. Didn't expect that. Again the kid is only 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad