RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Was awesome last night. Caused a lot of problems for Calgary downlow in their zone and showed some niftiness to almost get a goal.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Here's hoping he ends up better than Tolchinsky who also got a cup of coffee at the NHL level his first year and looked decent.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Not alot of skill involved but the kid knows where to go to cash in, congrats to him, I'm sure there are many more to come, thinking he may do better than the last Russian that Ottawa got from Columbus.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Abramov has always had a knack for scoring, and given the lack of talent in Ottawa right now, he should be given a nice opportunity to show off his skills. It isn't a stretch to suggest he is one of the most skilled/talented forwards in the organization. That doesn't mean he will succeed, because talent isn't always enough, but unlike Filatov (who the poster above just alluded to), Abramov seems to also work hard and have the right attitude. I sure hope he becomes an NHL regular.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
At first look most people would only see a small, one dimensional offensive Russian kid with inflated stats from the QJMHL. I saw him as the token throw in prospect that came back in the Duchene trade. You know, that type of prospect that had good numbers in junior (and therefore some superficial trade value), but more weaknesses than strengths as a pro prospect in reality.

But surprisingly this kid plays a far more assertive and fearless game than his stature would suggest. He plays a skilled north to south kind of game - hes played a lot of hockey in north america now and he gets it. And hes not afraid to go to the net or corners and battle.

If his skating improves a bit more, hes got a very bright future and a good chance to be a very good NHLer.

Reactions: slumpy43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->