RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Similar to Mittelstadt other than Mittelstadt is 35 pounds heavier. Any word about his plans for next year? Vancouver/Utica or another season in the SHL?

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I do, Mittelstadt handles the puck significantly better, is a more dynamic skater and also a more creative passer. Pettersson does shoot better and backchecks harder, but Mittelstadt is clearly a more talented offensive prospect. Pettersson has a lot of room for improvement in his offensive game. You can't be swayed too much by production either way.

Pettersson is also definitely better at this point, frankly don’t understand how anyone in their right mind can consider Mittlestadt a better prospect.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I do, Mittelstadt handles the puck significantly better, is a more dynamic skater and also a more creative passer. Pettersson does shoot better and backchecks harder, but Mittelstadt is clearly a more talented offensive prospect. Pettersson has a lot of room for improvement in his offensive game. You can't be swayed too much by production either way.

Completely disagree with your assessment. "Handles the puck significantly better"...uh what? Pettersson is a magician with the puck. And yes, production does matter when Pettersson just put his name in the record books in the Swedish League while Mittlestadt isn't even PPG in college. Pettersson is the better prospect by a mile at this point, both offensively and defensively.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I don't see how Pettersson is not in the NHL next season. There is no way he's back in SHL so it's AHL or NHL next season. He's too good not be make it, though. Top prospect in the game.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
None of this is true. Pettersson is better at all those things you said Mittelstadt is better. Skating may be the only part where Mittelstadt is better but not by much.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
His got a huuuge offensive upside. My impression of a broken record: just needs to buff up, then he'll be littin up da lamp in the NHL too.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Lol how dyanmic can “passing” skill set be ? Btw, pettersson just lead his league in assists as a 19 year old in one of the more reputable men’s hockey league as a 19 year old. Against full grown men, out did them all, while missing games for the wjc.

But thank you kindly for the good laugh.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
There’s nothing in this world right now that can prove your point.
One just break the record and wins the scoring tittle in the 3rd best league in the world.
The other is barely PPG in NCAA

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
There’s nothing in this world right now that can prove your point.
One just break the record and wins the scoring tittle in the 3rd best league in the world.
The other is barely PPG in NCAA

3rd best league in the world? Huh?

1) NHL
2) KHL
3) AHL

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Mittslestadt isn’t even a PPG in the NCAA while Pettersson just broke a record and led a men’s league in scoring.

Saying he’s a better offensive player is absurd, absolutely absurd. There’s is no data to back your claim up, I’ll trust objective information over your opinion.

Reactions: Index and Tryampled

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Lol. You'd take the person who can't even score ppg in NCAA over someone who just set a historic scoring record? Bruh do you even know hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad