RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Are you serious? Pettersson was on the best team in the league, Dahlin was on a dumpster tier team.
Frölunda is very well coached and wasnt bad at all. How is finnishing 3rd dumpster tier?

Look how vaxjo started this season without pettersson.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Frölunda is very well coached and wasnt bad at all. How is finnishing 3rd dumpster tier?

Look how vaxjo started this season without pettersson.
Dear God it’s ONE game in to the shl season, they badly outshot their opponent and somehow lost. Mind you Växjö always suck to start the season. Come November they will be a freight train.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I wouldn't bet on any 18-year olds to win the Calder. Especially a defenseman. This is Pettersson's to lose.

Dude's a **** ing globetrotter.

Nope. Andrei Svechnikov and Dhalin are better prospects as claimed by the media world and the experts on hfboards.com it's theirs to loss, not Pettersson.

All names mentioned haven't even played a single NHL regular season game, how could it be theirs to lose? They haven't earned anything yet.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He's got swagger as well which is very refreshing after the Sedin era
Very curious to see how he responds to getting pushed around

Has he ever not gotten pushed around in his career? I've probably seen him play 100+ times and these two games have not stood out at all from that perspective.

Yes he will lose board battles and yes he will fall down a lot and look like a 9 year old. He still always finds a way to tear up the scoresheet.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Has he ever not gotten pushed around in his career? I've probably seen him play 100+ times and these two games have not stood out at all from that perspective.

Yes he will lose board battles and yes he will fall down a lot and look like a 9 year old. He still always finds a way to tear up the scoresheet.
The fact that you're so high on Pettersson is partly what has me so excited for him, I know you know your swedish prospects.

Reactions: lawrence

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's got swagger as well which is very refreshing after the Sedin era
Very curious to see how he responds to getting pushed around

That's something I noticed last night. I was really excited to see him play and he does carry a little bit of a confidence/borderline arrogance when he has the puck in space. It's what I think people love about him though. Even though the Kings had a soft squad last night he did get dumped on his ass with regularity, but always popped right back up for more, and it didn't stop him from making a beautiful pass right through Muzzin when Jake went to check him.

Maybe a really important point. It may not be a detriment at all if he can make enough skilled plays to overcome some of the softness, and growing with a young team will be good. I can imagine some coaches who would staple him to the bench when he inevitably loses a battle, but there are enough strong on the puck forwards on the Nucks with him, like Horvat, to do the digging and get him some space.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
First thing I noticed is that he has the confidence to do things that most players don't bother trying because they don't think they can pull it off, reminds me of Pastrnak in that regard.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I thought Boeser was bringing excitement back to hockey for me, and now this kid? Wow. I've been following him since we drafted him, and to see him finally in the NHL has me lurking HFB as much as I used to in 2010/11.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Dear God it’s ONE game in to the shl season, they badly outshot their opponent and somehow lost. Mind you Växjö always suck to start the season. Come November they will be a freight train.

Not played well in the CHL either. - just saying - Its pretty obvious that losing Pettersson effects gravely Vaxjö this season
already some, furthermore when the season progresses.

Not trying to fuel the flames, just its easy to see Pettersson's effects with/with out.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Not played well in the CHL either. - just saying - Its pretty obvious that losing Pettersson effects gravely Vaxjö this season
already some, furthermore when the season progresses.

Not trying to fuel the flames, just its easy to see Pettersson's effects with/with out.
Not really they handled themselves just fine when Pettersson was out for the WJC last year. He was part of the reason they were so dominant last year. But I don’t think Elias could’ve won the gold with any other team last year they completely obliterated everything in their path. Their third line was as good as most first lines in the SHL. Their third defensive pairing was probably among the top 10 d-pairs in the leauge. They had two incredible goaltenders etc.. I think you’re seeing effects that really aren’t there.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He probably should have been able to lift Czarnik's stick on his second goal there.

He got there in time and then just did nothing.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Man. Fun player to watch. Anyone have a GIF of those dangles at center ice in the 3rd?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Pettersson had a better season than Dahlin last year, its not someting that can be disputed in any way. Anyone who does have OBVIOUSLY not watch the SHL last year, and need to keep a low profile in this matter.

Pettersson had a better season than ANYONE in SHL last year, he broke all kinds of records and won titles and awards, while Dahlin did not (as much, Dahlin got awards too and is of course a D man, different role). OK got it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad