RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
1.28 (Pettersson) vs 1.47 (Nilsson) in an era that is separated 42 years apart.

To put things in perspective, there were 19 players that were 1.00PPG and over when Kent Nilsson was playing in the SHL.

There are only 4 players that have 1.00PPG and over this year with Pettersson leading the pack.

Epimetheus

Jun 2, 2011
Some slag him,some overhype him.Business as usual.
Let's enjoy the ride and comment on things that matter,last thread was bad enough.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
1.28 (Pettersson) vs 1.47 (Nilsson) in an era that is separated 42 years apart.

To put things in perspective, there were 19 players that were 1.00PPG and over when Kent Nilsson was playing in the SHL.

There are only 4 players that have 1.00PPG and over this year with Pettersson leading the pack.

Remember when you got flamed for saying he had 90 point potential? Good times. :laugh:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Have I? No, youre overreacting. When did I say that he wont be good? Is it wrong of my to say that I disagree with someone that ranks Pettersson above the best D prospect in 20+ years? Oh you nucks fans
Lol what you’ve been doing for dozens of pages is bringing constant negativity in to every discussion about anything Pettersson related.

It’s like you’re just sitting there constantly refreshing your page, hoping for someone to say something about Pettersson that you can nitpick.

And the guy that said he thinks Pettersson will be better than Dahlin is not a Canucks fan.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Some slag him,some overhype him.Business as usual.
Let's enjoy the ride and comment on things that matter,last thread was bad enough.
how can you overhype a guy breaking every single record in his respected league?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
This is just my opinion, i hope you respect it, like i would yours.

I'm going on a limb here, your money is on Dahlin, right?
I suppose, that is the majority opinion, but i just see it differently,
ive seen lots of great stuff from Dahlin, however...much more from Elias.

Yeah sure, you can't compare them 1 to 1, because other is forward
and the other d-man, but you can by how good one is as d-man
and how good one is as forward and in my opinion, Elias
is going to have a better career in the NHL as a forward, what
Dahlin going to have as a d-man.
Dahlin is a near generational prospect.... He will be better for sure

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why do people still try to slag elias exactly? canucks prospect? I don't get it, the guy had a record breaking dream season, what can you even hate on him? that he is a bit skinny?

I do not get it.

same reason why Canucks prospects get dumped on. they will find something to neg on.

business as usual on hfboards.com

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Why do people still try to slag elias exactly? canucks prospect? I don't get it, the guy had a record breaking dream season, what can you even hate on him? that he is a bit skinny?

I do not get it.

I will admit that initially (at the time of the WJ Summer Showcase), I didn't think Pettersson was going to pan out, but he has shown tremendous growth and the ability to produce against men this season in the SHL.

Rival fanbases always seem to be overly hard on their rivals top prospects. I have been guilty of this, as have many of us, but it is pretty difficult to slag on Pettersson at this point. He just had an unbelievable regular season in the SHL, and has more than shown himself worthy of his draft position. With any prospect it is difficult to know exactly how they will transition to the NHL, but Pettersson has a good chance as any to be a truly impactful player from the 2017 draft class in the NHL.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I truly am astounded by the amount of leafs fans that are supportive of Pettersson. Such a weird feeling.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I truly am astounded by the amount of leafs fans that are supportive of Pettersson. Such a weird feeling.

Not sure if your serious. Just yesterday "firstemperor" mentioned that Pettersson was only able to pull this off because it's a "pretty boys leauge"

Rival fanbases always seem to be overly hard on their rivals top prospects

really? I rarely see Oilers, Flames or Jets fans every comment on our players. In fact I never see it anymore.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Not sure if your serious. Just yesterday "firstemperor" mentioned that Pettersson was only able to pull this off because it's a "pretty boys leauge".

No he didn’t. That was another poster. Firstemporer was complimentary of EP. Do your research before you accuse.

Reactions: firstemperor

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Not sure if your serious. Just yesterday "firstemperor" mentioned that Pettersson was only able to pull this off because it's a "pretty boys leauge"

really? I rarely see Oilers, Flames or Jets fans every comment on our players. In fact I never see it anymore.
I think in general, all the Canadian teams are rivals to some extent.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Not only is that terminology out of my vocabulary..because it's a stupid, unsubstantiated statement, but I've thought highly of Pettersson from well before the Canucks drafted him, on the day of (BPA) and downstream.

I've always stuck to the notion that his only minor red flag (if any) was his physical maturity. His skill, skating in open-ice is undeniable. Even if he had less space to work with on smaller ice (which is inevitable), there's still another level to his game he can tap into if he fills out his frame. He's the prototypical "projection" guy that scouts/management overlook.

I think now with his productivity at his age class...I could buy an argument that filling out to some inordinate extent is no longer necessary but more like icing on the cake. Though I do think it will be somewhat important down the line if he is to be a matchup, elite C versus a Kuznetsov type.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Heads-up: In 30 minutes, Elias Pettersson (55) and Ryan Lasch (54) are duking it out for the SHL scoring title, in separate games. It is the final day of the SHL regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->