RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
No ****....
I would like to hear anyone that actually works with hockey (not nucks homers) that would rather gamble on EP than Dahlin.
Why derail the thread then? If you want to compare the two for whatever reason, do it somewhere else. This is a Elias Pettersson thread, Dahlin has his own thread.

I don't get why we can't talk about a prospect or player without someone else being brought in the discussion. It's pointless comparing a defenseman to a forward, and they both are yet to play a single NHL game.

For the record I was not agreeing or disagreeing, merely saying you don't speak for the hockey world.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Why is everyone making a big deal about his weight? Kucherov is (generously) 178 lbs. Brayden Point is listed at 166 pounds. Has Patrick Kane ever been listed over 180?

It's a different league - small guys can put up a lot of points in this league, and be effective defenders as well.
Pettersson is taller than the players you listed, making him thinner than the players you listed.

I dont believe you !!

Not about Nilsson or Elias but the part that you have a friend.

No need for that.

farshi

Feb 28, 2012
His weight shouldn't be an issue, looks like hes closer to 170 now, if he even hits 180-185 he will be the same stats as henrik sedin (6'2 180-185) and he never had any issues with physicality.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
His weight shouldn't be an issue, looks like hes closer to 170 now, if he even hits 180-185 he will be the same stats as henrik sedin (6'2 180-185) and he never had any issues with physicality.
Hard to really say until he shows up at camp. All though from the eye test he looks a bit heavier and he seems to have gotten faster vs start of the season.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Why derail the thread then? If you want to compare the two for whatever reason, do it somewhere else. This is a Elias Pettersson thread, Dahlin has his own thread.

I don't get why we can't talk about a prospect or player without someone else being brought in the discussion. It's pointless comparing a defenseman to a forward, and they both are yet to play a single NHL game.

For the record I was not agreeing or disagreeing, merely saying you don't speak for the hockey world.
Haha, I didnt. It was the guy I responded to who made that claim :P

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pettersson just a had record-breaking, generational season and his coach even went to the extent saying they haven't taught him anything, Pettersson has actually been teaching them about hockey.

Any criticism of him is not valid at this point.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Hard to really say until he shows up at camp. All though from the eye test he looks a bit heavier and he seems to have gotten faster vs start of the season.
I see that all of the reasonable people that appeared in the EP-thread a week ago have left and all that is left are nucks fans who cant take that someone dares to say that he would take Dahlin over EP, echoing all of the hockey world. Alas, earvax..

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Pettersson just a had record-breaking, generational season and his coach even went to the extent saying they haven't taught him anything, Pettersson has actually been teaching them about hockey.

Whoop, there it is!
EP had a fantastic season, I havnt said anything else. He still needs to work on his body strenght and legs before he wrecks any records in the NHL, though ;) . Its not critisicm, its mine and other peoples opinions :)

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013

You can't expect to be taken seriously if you make a statement like this.

Reactions: Ippenator

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
I see that all of the reasonable people that appeared in the EP-thread a week ago have left and all that is left are nucks fans who cant take that someone dares to say that he would take Dahlin over EP, echoing all of the hockey world. Alas, earvax..
Am I missing something or did you misquote me?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
You can't expect to be taken seriously if you make a statement like this.

I honestly don't care. I was saying he has 90 point potential in the NHL from the start of the season, and now his advanced stats indicate that he could reach that.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Generally when people start focusing on a prospect's weight as a negative it means that there's not much to criticize in his game.
There's so many recent examples of slighter highly skilled players becoming elite in just the last few years and so many examples of big heavy players struggling that weight doesn't mean a lot these days.
Like any prospect over the last few years not named McDavid there is still a question as to how Pettersson translates his game to the NHL but given how he's played in a pretty tough league in Sweden I think that the concerns are not really that high.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Impressive by Elias, not taking it away from him. But as a friend of mine noted - they didnt count secondary assists when Nilsson got his record ;)
Just because you said you're not taking it away from him, doesn't mean you aren't doing it. Otherwise what's the point of saying there weren't secondary assists? There's a lot more than just that to analyze if you want to add more context to Nilsson's and Pettersson's season. I'm not sure you can go a minute without finding a way to take a passive aggressive shot at EP and to troll Canuck fans.

Oh, and stop painting and entire fan base with a single stroke of a brush.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
"His NHL projections is sky high at that point"

Oh.. at that point it's sky high. Breaking a 43 year old record isn't enough.
I think it has more to do with defining "sky high potential" than us necessarily disagreeing.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
I honestly don't care. I was saying he has 90 point potential in the NHL from the start of the season, and now his advanced stats indicate that he could reach that.
Actually I recall you saying that once he was drafted to VAN. I even quoted your post and told you to calm down those expectations.

As time goes on I'm starting to think I was wrong. Not that he has done anything in the NHL level ... yet*

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Actually I recall you saying that once he was drafted to VAN. I even quoted your post and told you to calm down those expectations.

As time goes on I'm starting to think I was wrong. Not that he has done anything in the NHL level ... yet*
I also said well before he was drafted by the Canucks that he had the highest offensive potential in the draft. Couple well known Canuck posters thought I was nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->