RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Why even bring up Nylander? Are some fans this insecure? That if someone get’s a great prospect, they have to inform everyone they are not better than player B.

It just doesn’t nake any sense to me.

Pettersson, I have high hopes for him I have watched him a couple of times already. I am most impressed by Elias on ice insticts, in his own end and offensive end. He is a very smart player and that is something you can’t teach. Especially at the level I personally think he is at.

But ofcourse we have to see how he does in the NHL. Going to he exciting to follow his progression.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Can we just make a Pettersson vs Nylander poll if need be, take all the Nylander talk there & get this thread back on track.

Can't wait till this season is over, just want it to be training camp next year so we can see Pettersson & Dahlen (and Dahlin :sarcasm:) in a Canuck's uni trying to make this team.

Reactions: BlueGreen

lawrence

May 19, 2012
the next step for him.... well he does need to have a good playoffs, but more importantly he needs to show he can play at the NHL level. very excited for the Canucks with this player in their system.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Why even bring up Nylander? Are some fans this insecure? That if someone get’s a great prospect, they have to inform everyone they are not better than player B.

It just doesn’t nake any sense to me.

Pettersson, I have high hopes for him I have watched him a couple of times already. I am most impressed by Elias on ice insticts, in his own end and offensive end. He is a very smart player and that is something you can’t teach. Especially at the level I personally think he is at.

But ofcourse we have to see how he does in the NHL. Going to he exciting to follow his progression.

Oh believe me, they sure are.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Good player but he's no Matthews [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Is he going to be on Sweden for the worlds ?

Would be kind of weird, if Grönborg do not think he is good enough for the olympics without NHL players, why should he then a few months later be in WHC with NHL players? I hope he will be, he is maybe the best swede outside NHL after Omark, but I do not think he will be on the team.

Simpo

Sep 18, 2011
Oy vey, that's some awful discussion been going on here huh?

Anyway, it's really cool to have this buzz about Petterson, he's definitely the brightest prospect for Vancouver since I started following them from the UK about ten years ago. But as can be seen, anxiety is already rising about needing him to be the best thing since sliced toast. Maybe he does need time to adapt, maybe he doesn't, but I'm already thinking about how having the Sedins around for another year could be great to help ease him in to the Canucks bubble!

It's crazy how everyone wants to talk about prospects in absolutes, like he'll DEFINITELY be THIS kinda player or not. That's the beauty eh, we get to find out pretty soon!

The channel that shows NHL over here also shows SHL, I've seen him a few times, he's just too talented, and crucially, smart a player to fail IMO. Only seems to get better as well. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the playoffs too.

It's possible he surprisingly fails to translate his obvious skill. It happens to some players. However I honestly feel he'll become the top player on the Canucks given time.

With another high pick to come this summer, there's genuine reasons for optimism on the horizon for Canucks nation.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Good player but he's no Matthews [MOD].

Not once we did compare him to Matthews.

Eli has some mighty large shoes to fill. Vancouver hype machine is about to take another victim.

who was the 1st victim? Leafs fans for continuously bringing up their players on Canucks prospects threads?

Oy vey, that's some awful discussion been going on here huh?

Anyway, it's really cool to have this buzz about Petterson, he's definitely the brightest prospect for Vancouver since I started following them from the UK about ten years ago. But as can be seen, anxiety is already rising about needing him to be the best thing since sliced toast. Maybe he does need time to adapt, maybe he doesn't, but I'm already thinking about how having the Sedins around for another year could be great to help ease him in to the Canucks bubble!

It's crazy how everyone wants to talk about prospects in absolutes, like he'll DEFINITELY be THIS kinda player or not. That's the beauty eh, we get to find out pretty soon!

The channel that shows NHL over here also shows SHL, I've seen him a few times, he's just too talented, and crucially, smart a player to fail IMO. Only seems to get better as well. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the playoffs too.

It's possible he surprisingly fails to translate his obvious skill. It happens to some players. However I honestly feel he'll become the top player on the Canucks given time.

With another high pick to come this summer, there's genuine reasons for optimism on the horizon for Canucks nation.

I think 60 70 point player is a fair projection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2017
I've said on numerous occasions already on what the difference is between Laine and Matthews here. Even if you go through my old posts I stated all season that Matthews had an advantage in their rookie year due to age, but that was offset because of Laine's support.

I'll spell it out for you simpler if it helps out you more:

Nylander and Pettersson
People shouldn't compare one 18 year old prospects season to a 19 year old prospects season.

You with me so far?

Okay!

There reason why is because Nylander played his 18 year-old season in the SHL. Pettersson did not.

Fast forward one year!(The following season)

Nylander's 19 year-old season is split between the AHL and the NHL. Pettersson's 19 year-old season is his first year in the SHL.

Two completely different leagues and positions(Nylander was a center), which is why I don't compare their stats.

By this time in Pettersson's timeline, Nylander was already in the NHL.
All I saw was we can’t give laine full credit in comparison to Matthews because of his “support”. Are you the rare leaf fan who doesn’t claim Marner and nylander are superstars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->