RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Him being already the best player om the Canucks is more if an evidence on how bad the Canucks are rather than how great EP is.

How many teams would EP40 be the best player on any given team ??

2? 3?
Doesnt say anything. A lot of rookies become the best player on a team. You'd think an Oilers fans would realize this most of all, Hall to Nuge to Hall to McDavid ;)

Small sample size. I'm sure Pettersson will prove he'd be the ebst player on half the teams in the league. I mean if you want to go by the sample size to start calling it out, He'd lead the Oilers in scoring.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Doesnt say anything. A lot of rookies become the best player on a team. You'd think an Oilers fans would realize this most of all, Hall to Nuge to Hall to McDavid ;)

Small sample size. I'm sure Pettersson will prove he'd be the ebst player on half the teams in the league. I mean if you want to go by the sample size to start calling it out, He'd lead the Oilers in scoring.

Do your research bro. Im a Canuck fan. EP is great. Not sure where the insecurities are coming from when i say Yes he is the best on the Canucks but thats cuz the Canucks suck. No need ti get insulted.

EP will be a top 10 player in the NHL one day.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Do your research bro. Im a Canuck fan. EP is great. Not sure where the insecurities are coming from when i say Yes he is the best on the Canucks but thats cuz the Canucks suck. No need ti get insulted.

EP will be a top 10 player in the NHL one day.
Not insecure at all. I agree the Canucks suck. The only young NHL players we have worth anything are Boeser, Horvat, and Pettersson. I just dont get the notion that he cant already be one of the best players in the league just because he plays on the Canucks. It didn't make Hall, McDavid or any other star rookie a lesser player for being on a bad team. That was your take in which I was disagreeing with. Now given that your username involves McDavid, I made the assumption you were an Oilers fan; a team that knows all too well how a rook can be the best player and one of the best in the entire league overall.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Horvat and Boeser are not playing good.

yes they are both -7, on paper on not doing that well, I actually meant on a aesthetics point of view. His skill level is so much higher then them, it's not even funny.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
4 games 4 goals 3 assists

tumblr_noenylQkFh1s8njeuo1_500.gif

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
The Canucks have been very lucky with Swedish players. 5 of the 8 Swedish players there have worn a Canuck Jersey (Mats Sundin although only 1 season).
Canucks scooping up all good swedes except forsberg and lidstrom

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I love Pettersson, but we can probably stop this trend of narrowing things down to ridiculously narrow and random parameters to try to make a point

Yeah, I believe Jesper Bratt had a pretty good start last season and Fabian Brunnström scored a hat trick in his 1st NHL game etc.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Another game, another point for Pettersson. Nothing to see here. Picking up from where he left off in the SHL. Ho hum

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I love Pettersson, but we can probably stop this trend of narrowing things down to ridiculously narrow and random parameters to try to make a point

Hope you've also ordered the Rielly and Matthews fans to cease and desist as well.

No fun allowed.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
The Canucks have been very lucky with Swedish players. 5 of the 8 Swedish players there have worn a Canuck Jersey (Mats Sundin although only 1 season).

I believe the most productive Swedish rookie after four games also was a Canuck. Namely Thomas Gradin with 8 points in 78/79.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
As good as he is, I think he's one of the most unexpected players (despite being a very high pick) that you would have penned to be able to step into a 1C role and play well at a 1C level offensively AND defensively in his first games in the league. Like we haven't missed a beat with Henrik Sedin at all.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013

LOL No why cant we blow thing out proportion when things are going good, we always do that when it when things goes bad.

Elias 'lil wayne' Pettersson

Reactions: Canucks777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad