RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Thought he had his worst game in the Canucks jersey last night. Got caught deep in the offensive zone a number of times, not the same jump offensively either.

I also counted 0 one-timers from Boeser and Pettersson on the PP the last couple of games, quite remarkable.
Pettersson scored of a one-timer on the PP in his penultimate game.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Pettersson scored of a one-timer on the PP in his penultimate game.

Forgot about that one, but it was after a chaotic scramble in front of the net. No one-timers after setting up the PP is what I meant to say.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Thought he had his worst game in the Canucks jersey last night. Got caught deep in the offensive zone a number of times, not the same jump offensively either.

I also counted 0 one-timers from Boeser and Pettersson on the PP the last couple of games, quite remarkable.

It's been very frustrating to watch Edler shoot wrist shots off the PKers shin pads when Boeser and Pettersson are to is left and right waiting for one-timers.

Reactions: Grantham

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

Did the broken thumb he suffered last season hamper his shot you think?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Did the broken thumb he suffered last season hamper his shot you think?

No, it looks fine to me. Just found it pretty interesting that Edler is their trigger man on the PP when they have Boeser on one side and Pettersson on the other.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No, it looks fine to me. Just found it pretty interesting that Edler is their trigger man on the PP when they have Boeser on one side and Pettersson on the other.
Agreed. But the PP is working so I’m guessing they won’t tweak it until it stops. Boesers wrist is still wrapped so I’m guessing it’s not quite right yet.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Edler isnt the trigger man. He will however shoot from the point to ensure that the PK is respecting it. The book is out on how good EP and Boeser are so you can see that the PKers are floating to the wings to take away thr one timers.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Had a meeh offensive game other then the first 10 in the third . The Nucks had big problem to get possession, They often got pressured deep in defensive zone , he worked hard at defense but was to deep down the few times the play changed on the fly and couldnt connect. Had some really great defensive plays and a couple of turnovers too.

Boeser looks like a anchor for any line now(injured ?) , hope they put Pettersson back with Eriksson who can do the heavy work so Pettersson not need to play as a extra defender to much.

Wrong team , but hes a player for my taste of the game icehockey!

member 105785

Had a meeh offensive game other then the first 10 in the third . The Nucks had big problem to get possession, They often got pressured deep in defensive zone , he worked hard at defense but was to deep down the few times the play changed on the fly and couldnt connect. Had some really great defensive plays and a couple of turnovers too.

Boeser looks like a anchor for any line now(injured ?) , hope they put Pettersson back with Eriksson who can do the heavy work so Pettersson not need to play as a extra defender to much.

Boeser is still recovering from last season's injury, as for EP, he had a really good zone entry that led to a goal for vs Carolina

Reactions: lawrence

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Wow it’s alsmost like Brock broke he back last year or something riiiiiiiight?

LyVcMWJ.jpg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
he has only played C at 5v5, has played wing on the PP while Horvat sits in front of the net
Oh cool, that's a good call. Was worried they'd put him on the wing before testing him at C. Looks good at both positions from what little I've seen of him but C is obviously a lot more important.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Already our best player, crazy

Can’t believe how good he is, scary

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Him being already the best player om the Canucks is more if an evidence on how bad the Canucks are rather than how great EP is.

How many teams would EP40 be the best player on any given team ??

2? 3?

Reactions: vtdevils2k

lawrence

May 19, 2012

He's making Bo Horvat and Boeser look bland, when infact they are actually playing pretty good.

Oh cool, that's a good call. Was worried they'd put him on the wing before testing him at C. Looks good at both positions from what little I've seen of him but C is obviously a lot more important.

he's been playing C since the pre season and it's worked out 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->