RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Wow thats some pretty high praise, I can only hope he becomes that good by the time the next olympics rolls around.

Backstrom is getting older and will be a perfect #2 center, with his well-rounded defensively responsible game.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
A well-deserved break considering Van's draft lottery luck over the last few seasons. Kid is just fun to watch.
This, a thousand times over! It's as if we did in fact win the lottery. Looking like Pettersson will be one of the franchise players we need to truly rebuild.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Pettersson has definitely sped up our rebuild.
We just need some luck for this upcoming draft to get a potential #1 centre prospect like Hughes/Cozens/Dach, and then maybe one more year of missing the playoffs to draft a top 4 dman, and then I think we are in pretty good shape going forward.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Pettersson has definitely sped up our rebuild.
We just need some luck for this upcoming draft to get a potential #1 centre prospect like Hughes/Cozens/Dach, and then maybe one more year of missing the playoffs to draft a top 4 dman, and then I think we are in pretty good shape going forward.

You guys are already in pretty good shape imo.

pettersson/boeser/horvat/hugues/gaudette/dahlen/juolevi

all good young ppl. Add Jack hugues to this and you guys are set for years.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You guys are already in pretty good shape imo.

pettersson/boeser/horvat/hugues/gaudette/dahlen/juolevi

all good young ppl. Add Jack hugues to this and you guys are set for years.

IMO at least one of Gaudette/Dahlen/Juolevi busts, or is disappointing (e.g. Juolevi being a bottom-pairing dman, Gaudette being a limited bottom 6 centre, Dahlen being a 3rd liner, etc.). That's just playing the odds on prospects that aren't elite not making it as well as my cynicism as a Canucks fan with a history of disappointing prospects (Hodgson, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Schroeder, Rodin, etc.).

We are still in pretty good shape, but ideally we get another elite centre (so we can load up our top 6 or have Horvat be an elite #3) and another great top 4 dman (Edler will be over the hill when we compete; Tanev will begin to decline; all we really will have is Hughes and potentially Juolevi/Woo).

Reactions: CanuckCity

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
IMO at least one of Gaudette/Dahlen/Juolevi busts, or is disappointing (e.g. Juolevi being a bottom-pairing dman, Gaudette being a limited bottom 6 centre, Dahlen being a 3rd liner, etc.). That's just playing the odds on prospects that aren't elite not making it as well as my cynicism as a Canucks fan with a history of disappointing prospects (Hodgson, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Schroeder, Rodin, etc.).

We are still in pretty good shape, but ideally we get another elite centre (so we can load up our top 6 or have Horvat be an elite #3) and another great top 4 dman (Edler will be over the hill when we compete; Tanev will begin to decline; all we really will have is Hughes and potentially Juolevi/Woo).

You really think We need another elite Center? Pettersson and Horvat as your #1/2 is pretty good. Really we need another elite forward. Pettersson/x and Horvat/Boeser would be a solid foundation or a top 6. All you need is some decently skilled guys to fill in the spots from the organization (Goldobin, Dahlin, Lind ect..) or guys from FA.

Vancouver is definitely in decent shape moving forward but is still missing a few pieces to be a true condender, another elite forward and at least one more top shelf defenseman. Right now it's all on Hughes and Juolevi who have yet to even prove anything at the NHL level. It's dire even if they pan out and worse if one of them doesn't pan out like we hope.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

Horvat+pettersson is enough good centers. Need another dman or winger.

Philip Broberg or Vasili Podkolzin

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
He stands out every time he is on the ice. That's why I think he will win the Calder. He is literally the best player on the Canucks. On another level.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You really think We need another elite Center? Pettersson and Horvat as your #1/2 is pretty good. Really we need another elite forward. Pettersson/x and Horvat/Boeser would be a solid foundation or a top 6. All you need is some decently skilled guys to fill in the spots from the organization (Goldobin, Dahlin, Lind ect..) or guys from FA.

Vancouver is definitely in decent shape moving forward but is still missing a few pieces to be a true condender, another elite forward and at least one more top shelf defenseman. Right now it's all on Hughes and Juolevi who have yet to even prove anything at the NHL level. It's dire even if they pan out and worse if one of them doesn't pan out like we hope.

Centre depth wins Cups.
Crosby + Malkin + Bonino/Staal.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He stands out every time he is on the ice. That's why I think he will win the Calder. He is literally the best player on the Canucks. On another level.

Not only is he the best player on the Canucks, he’s arguably the best player we’ve seen since the Sedin Art Ross era. He’s the best rookie I can remember seeing on the Canucks.

Reactions: Canucks777

member 105785

Who is going to be demoted to 3rd line center though.

Horvat would become an elite 3c for a third scoring line if Hughes gets picked, or we end up with Kappa Kappa or whatever his name is, we are an awful team.

member 105785

Kappo kokko is a winger

I know, I meant if we get another very high pick we could end up with Horvat becoming an elite 3C on a scoring 3rd line if we get Hughes, Cozens, Dach or Lavoie or we get an elite RW in Kappa Kappa or Podkolzin

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Centre depth wins Cups.
Crosby + Malkin + Bonino/Staal.

Ya that's sorta true...I see it more as elite players win cups. Kuzy/Ovechkin won the cup for the caps last year. They weren't incredibly deep at center like Pittsburgh. Chicago won cups with Toews/Kane/Hossa. It takes a lot to win a cup but I don't see it necessary to have all your elite talent down the middle.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Ya that's sorta true...I see it more as elite players win cups. Kuzy/Ovechkin won the cup for the caps last year. They weren't incredibly deep at center like Pittsburgh. Chicago won cups with Toews/Kane/Hossa. It takes a lot to win a cup but I don't see it necessary to have all your elite talent down the middle.
Kuzy+backstrom isnt deep? 55p combined in playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad