RW/C Alexander Dergachyov - Avangard Omsk, KHL (2015, 74th, LAK)

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Anyone have more info on his potential, where he could be drafted, etc? He looked very strong on the puck vs Canada.

C | LHS | 6'4" 200
Born: 1996-09-27, western Siberia region, Russia

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=231966

1297632210573_ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
*Dergachyov

By talent alone hes a 2nd round pick for me, dunno how early tho. Rus factor might make him slide to the 3rd but i doubt it due to the way he plays/his size.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Not sold on his offensive upside, but has everything else. Dude is a beast.

Early 2nd rounder if his name was Mike Smith from Saskatoon.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm not going to pretend that I'm a scout or that I watched every minute of Team Russia this past tournament, but I thought his size and battle level stood out.

He wasn't backing down from guys like Nurse, etc.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
He's the type of player who would need a few years seasoning, and doesn't possess neccessairly obvious offensive abilities (as in, nothing elite), so i can see him falling.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I honestly thought he looked better than Kamenev and hes 1 year younger than him. Kamenev was a midd 2nd pick last year and he didnt play in the U20's.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Poor mans Nichushkin, not much offensive upside though imo, the majority of his work is done along the boards and in front of the net.

FanHabtic*

Alexander Dergachyov

Not sure if many people noticed this big Russian, who is eligible for the 2015 draft. Alexander Dergachyov is a 6'4, 200+lb power forward who played a strong game for Russia in the WJHC. He was particularly strong on the boards and had an epic board battle with Darnell Nurse in the finals.

He is ranked 65th on "Craig Button's List", which is well in the second round. I would love for the Habs to draft him with their 1st pick, late in the 1st round. There is just something about this guy that really stands out. His speed and power in particular. He looks like he can play a power game in the NHL and would be better suited on the small ice.

Anyone else notice Alexander Dergachyov?

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
If I remember correctly I thought he looked good in this year's Subway Super Series against the QMJHL.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Liked Dergachyov a lot at the SSS and the WJC.

He's a monster, great along the wall, solid IQ and plays a 200 ft game, was getting PK minutes dor Russia, he's got a decent overall skill set and speed.

Seems like a potential third liner who is versatile and great along the wall.

Jaycer

Nov 9, 2014
C Alexander Dergachyov - SKA-1946 St. Petersburg, MHL (2015 Draft)

1297632210573_ORIGINAL.jpg

This player intrigues me. The few reports I've seen on him praise him like crazy, and his report seems pretty flawless. However, I can't find info on him anywhere.

I've seen multiple accounts saying he could rise in the draft rankings and that he may well be a steal, but can anyone really tell me about him? There seems to be very little info online and I want to know how he plays, his skill projection, and where he should go in the draft.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looked like an old school power forward. Canada had a hard time getting the puck away from him.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
He is my favourite player in this draft. If he went at 15, he'd still be a steal. He's a Top-10 talent who's going 30-45 because he's Russian. He's big, tough, plays defensive, has great hands with the puck, great shot. He's a Russian Bull. He honestly reminds me of Malkin on the ice.

I hope the Leafs take him with Nashville's pick or Columbus takes him with either 2nd's.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He is my favourite player in this draft. If he went at 15, he'd still be a steal. He's a Top-10 talent who's going 30-45 because he's Russian. He's big, tough, plays defensive, has great hands with the puck, great shot. He's a Russian Bull. He honestly reminds me of Malkin on the ice.

I hope the Leafs take him with Nashville's pick or Columbus takes him with either 2nd's.

Well then..I didn't see all these skills he's certainly not top 10 and doesn't have nearly as much offensive upside as you say, maybe you're confusing him with someone else.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If he's there at 31-33, the Oil would be crazy not to take him. Might be a bit of a reach, but he's everything we need. Dont care about the passport, the KHL is less of a threat now more than ever.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If he's there at 31-33, the Oil would be crazy not to take him. Might be a bit of a reach, but he's everything we need. Dont care about the passport, the KHL is less of a threat now more than ever.

That range is more reasonable but top 10 is crazy. His finish isn't that good and what's supposed to be his primary offensive attribute his play-making pales in comparison to other projected first rounders. Imo he projects as a 3/4th liner who can slip into the second from time to time but won't be relied upon for offense. Good puck protection, good skating, not much else.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Well then..I didn't see all these skills he's certainly not top 10 and doesn't have nearly as much offensive upside as you say, maybe you're confusing him with someone else.

Nah, I think we just disagree. He is just a prospect, and it won't be another 3-5 years before we ever understand what he or anyone in this draft is truly capable of. I see him as a player going top 10 in a supposedly weaker draft like last year if his name was John Smith. He's 17-18 years old, 6'4", 200lbs, uses his size with and without the puck. Plays great defensively and has very underrated hands with the puck. He has tremendous hockey IQ and you're undervaluing his scoring touch from maybe (but hopefully not) one viewing at the WJC.

My friend in one of my classes likes to argue that Nurse dummied him when they played Team Russia. I say to that, 18 month age difference, and who DIDNT Nurse dummy really. Dergachyov is going to be really good in my opinion. Agree to Disagree.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Nah, I think we just disagree. He is just a prospect, and it won't be another 3-5 years before we ever understand what he or anyone in this draft is truly capable of. I see him as a player going top 10 in a supposedly weaker draft like last year if his name was John Smith. He's 17-18 years old, 6'4", 200lbs, uses his size with and without the puck. Plays great defensively and has very underrated hands with the puck. He has tremendous hockey IQ and you're undervaluing his scoring touch from maybe (but hopefully not) one viewing at the WJC.

My friend in one of my classes likes to argue that Nurse dummied him when they played Team Russia. I say to that, 18 month age difference, and who DIDNT Nurse dummy really. Dergachyov is going to be really good in my opinion. Agree to Disagree.

No I've seen him multiple times his puck protection and skating stood out as well as his size, he generates offense by driving the net moreso than his shot. He is like Nichushkin without the same level of puckskills so more like Kirill Petrov or even Kosov type prospect. His hockey IQ isn't great imo. He is still young so we will see, some prospects develop out of nowhere (ex. Hannikainen ).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad