RW Brandon Coe - North Bay Battalion, OHL (2020, 98th, SJ)

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
- Birthday 12-01-2001
- Height 191 cm / 6'4''
- Weight 84 kg / 190 lbs

Brandon Coe at eliteprospects.com

Don't claim to be a professional scout or anything but from what I've seen from him is that he is a very cerebral player with good awareness and anticipation with a very fluid and effortless stride that allows him to get up and down the ice very efficiently. Doesn't appear to have any elite offensive tools but can show flashes of being able to beat players 1 on 1 with good agility and smooth hands.

Last edited:

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015

Not the best quality of video but here is his OT against London from a couple of days ago.

He has started to become more productive of late picking 9 points in his last 10 games.
Excited to see what he can do next year with more ice time and opportunity once Brazeau is gone.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Still a young player, has disappeared many times in his young career, the flashes are becoming more consistent. Everyone in North Bay is expecting big things from him next year because when he is on, he is the best on the ice

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Still a young player, has disappeared many times in his young career, the flashes are becoming more consistent. Everyone in North Bay is expecting big things from him next year because when he is on, he is the best on the ice
Yeah I see a lot of really high end tools (especially his skating) whenever I see him play. I personally think that he has real potential to be a top 60 pick next year with the possibility of becoming a 1st round pick as well.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah I see a lot of really high end tools (especially his skating) whenever I see him play. I personally think that he has real potential to be a top 60 pick next year with the possibility of becoming a 1st round pick as well.
Agreed the potential is there, the consistency needs to be there for that to happen. His effortless skating makes it look like his give a crap meter is low at times. Finish this year strong and the next year could be huge.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
was selected to play in the CHL top prospect game.
Will be interesting to see how he sizes up to some of the other top prospects in the game and if he can improve his stock.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Reading up on him, he projects as a 3rd rounder now according to a mock draft site I just read. Be interesting to see where he ends up getting picked in the draft

Reactions: themelkman

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Reading up on him, he projects as a 3rd rounder now according to a mock draft site I just read. Be interesting to see where he ends up getting picked in the draft
He has lots of potential with his size, effortless skating and good hockey sense just has had consistency issue so far in his CHL career.
The Battalions recently received a coaching change so maybe that will help him.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Hes been on a real roll as of late, 10 pts in his last 5 games. Seems like hes figured out what works for him, engaging more physically and challenging defenders with his size and speed. His shot is heavy but way under utilized as he is often looking to pass. If North Bay had some more finishers his point totals would be higher no doubt. I too am interested to see him play with other high end talent in the prospects game, I really think he has an opportunity to impress.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
has 14 points in his last 8 games and is nearly a PPG player now.

Could seem him work his way up to a late 1st/early 2nd round pick if he continues to improve in the 2nd half and has a strong showing at the top prospects game.

It seems getting a new voice behind the bench besides Buttler has done wonders for him.

Reactions: Dominance

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
has 14 points in his last 8 games and is nearly a PPG player now.

Could seem him work his way up to a late 1st/early 2nd round pick if he continues to improve in the 2nd half and has a strong showing at the top prospects game.

It seems getting a new voice behind the bench besides Buttler has done wonders for him.
Unless this torrid pace continues I think there is too much floating (especially in the d zone) to be a 1st rounder, a rising 2nd round pick is definitely possible though.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Signed his ELC yesterday.

That North Bay Battalion top line might be the best in the entire CHL.

I’ve liked Coe’s game, as Petrov is on the top line I’ve tuned in a few times plus lots of highlights. That top line is lethal.

Coe, Petrov, and Jackson are all at the very top of the OHL scoring race.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

OHL overage player of the year. Finalist for the MVP trophy with Wyatt Johnston. 9 points in north bay's sweep of Ottawa, which included 2 GWG (one in OT and another in the final seconds) Excited to get him on the Cuda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad