RW Bobby Brink - Philadelphia Flyers, NHL (2019, 34th, PHI)

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Some questions from someone who has yet to see him play,

What's the scouting report on him? What are his strengths? Weaknesses?

Is he a product of Pospisil? The other way around? Do they both compliment eachother equally? How would he be producing if he were playing on the second line, without him?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Some questions from someone who has yet to see him play,

What's the scouting report on him? What are his strengths? Weaknesses?

Is he a product of Pospisil? The other way around? Do they both compliment eachother equally? How would he be producing if he were playing on the second line, without him?

I can help you out with one game at least

Bobby Brink vs Fargo | Nov 2 2018 - ProspectShifts.com

Reactions: Habs76

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I see what people were talking about in terms of overall talent, but he's a bit too raw for my liking to consider him a top 20 prospect as of now. That and I suggest that his skating is below the level it needs to be if he wants to be drafted above other prospects increasing his ELC amount - quite sluggish out there in movement.

However, there is still a lot to like here as his two-way game is superb, his puck anticipation is also superb, and his shot is quite heavy. His passing skills are below-average though and that should also raise some concerns. Reminds me of Brayden Point.

Last edited:

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
He's around the puck a lot, but he doesn't make a whole lot happen. His decision-making with the puck seems slow relative to the top players in this draft class. He seems to have a pretty snappy release on his wrist shot, and he forechecks well. His puck skills are a little bit lacking right now. He knows how to get into lanes and disrupt the opposition.

He is fairly agile on his skates. His top speed isn't the best, though. He is undersized at 5'10'', 165 lbs.

He's definitely not a high-end selection at this point, but he'll be a potential mid-to-late first round selection. If the puck skills don't seem any more natural to him by the end of the year, I think he has the chance to be drafted with bottom-six NHL potential in mind. Slow decision-making doesn't bode well for one's chances to make the NHL.

Last edited:

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
He's around the puck a lot, but he doesn't make a whole lot happen. His decision-making with the puck seems slow relative to the top players in this draft class. He seems to have a pretty snappy release on his wrist shot, and he forechecks well. His puck skills are a little bit lacking right now. He knows how to get into lanes and disrupt the opposition.

He is fairly agile on his skates. His top speed isn't the best, though. He is undersized at 5'10'', 165 lbs.

He's definitely not a high-end selection at this point, but he'll be a potential mid-to-late first round selection. If the puck skills don't seem any more natural to him by the end of the year, I think he has the chance to be drafted with bottom-six NHL potential in mind. Slow decision-making doesn't bode well for one's chances to make the NHL.

I've read a lot of reports on Brink and seen a fair amount of his games over the years as he is a local kid for me and haven't seen anyone come out of it saying he doesn't make a whole lot happen and his decision making seems slow but to each their own I suppose! I know Denver's coaching staff would disagree with your assessment. But that's why they are called opinions.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Bobby Brink has incredible offensive talent imo. I think he should be a top 10 or even top 5 pick in the 2019 NHL draft. His skill level is very high. Great vision, great precise passing, he can shoot, he can skate and make quick turns with the puck. Reminds me as a player so much of Jonathan Marchessault. Not surprised he's leading USHL in PPG after watching him in the WJAC.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Traded to Portland. The franchise that concerns MN fans the most about taking kids from NCAA. The fact he's also only an 11th grader and apparently not accelerating makes the odds of him going there at least material.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Traded to Portland. The franchise that concerns MN fans the most about taking kids from NCAA. The fact he's also only an 11th grader and apparently not accelerating makes the odds of him going there at least material.
Was he held back a year?

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Sure. And July is usually a mixed bag on when the parents choose to start their kids in school since it's right on the edge with summer break being June - August.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
One callout that someone mentioned on the Gopher board. Not one of the MN kids that has gone to Portland in recent years has a single NHL appearance. Bellows will, but that's a first round pick + one season before he even got there.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The fact that Portland acquired his rights makes me think he will be in the WHL soon.. Winterhawks do this always and kids seem to always join the team.

I wouldnt doubt within days he signs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad