RW Avery Hayes - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2021 undrafted)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I saw this guy listed on a raking as the 91st overall prospect for this years draft. He had just 9 pts in 14 games in the Slovak second league. There’s no way this guy is draft material right? I mean it has to be many years since a player was drafted out of the Slovak second league. If he’s draft material than so is Sramaty, Demek, Sokoli, Stefancik, etc.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
1G + 1A - half way thru the game vs Peterborough...

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

2021 undrafted, so is a re-entry for 2022. Lit up the OHL this year on a loaded Hamilton squad. Great shot from distance, in tight as well. Great playmaking ability, passing under sticks, getting the puck to the slot, moving it forward in transition quickly. Has put up 19 points in 8 playoff games so far in the OHL playoffs. Just on fire.

He's undersized, he's slower, his pace is low, he plays a patient game, and he's an older re-entry, so his odds of being drafted are questionable, but I like him. Needs to improve his net front presence, his play away from the puck and getting back into the defensive zone.

Reactions: Reel2Reel

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

2021 undrafted, so is a re-entry for 2022. Lit up the OHL this year on a loaded Hamilton squad. Great shot from distance, in tight as well. Great playmaking ability, passing under sticks, getting the puck to the slot, moving it forward in transition quickly. Has put up 19 points in 8 playoff games so far in the OHL playoffs. Just on fire.

He's undersized, he's slower, his pace is low, he plays a patient game, and he's an older re-entry, so his odds of being drafted are questionable, but I like him. Needs to improve his net front presence, his play away from the puck and getting back into the defensive zone.

He's one of the best PKers in the OHL, FWIW. Also is great stickhandler and likes to operate along the walls. The net-front presence on his line is the kid Humphrey while Hayes and Morrison do most of the weaving and playmaking.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
He's one of the best PKers in the OHL, FWIW. Also is great stickhandler and likes to operate along the walls. The net-front presence on his line is the kid Humphrey while Hayes and Morrison do most of the weaving and playmaking.
Yeah, he's not the main net front man, but just from watching him when he does get to the front he's easily boxed out and pushed away because of his size. He's a good PKer for sure, and is a threat to go the other way when he gets the puck. But, his speed coming back when the puck gets out of the offensive zone needs some improvement.

Again I really like him because of his skills, shot and playmaking. The rest is kind of a work in progress IMO.

Reactions: Steve Kournianos

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What team signs this RW? Do the Rangers? Teammate and linemmate of Brennan Othmann. Rangers did get a good look at him. Hed add RW depth to a team that needs it.. maybe Rangers plan to sign him since why Jayden Grubbe is not being signed by Rangers.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I’ve never saw him play but purely off stats looks more like an AHL deal

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Don't know where he goes after minor hockey but I'm glad to have him on the Petes.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know. Smallish guy with solid allround but not elite skillset so he's gonna find it hard to earn an NHL gig. Seems to be a great leader though, he's got a very high hockey IQ and he made countless clutch plays when it mattered the most over his career. Proven winner and a smart hockey mind. A righty as well. Could see him earn a spot as a bottom six shutdown/PK/ guy somewhere in the NHL. If not, some AHL or European teams are gonna be incredibly happy/lucky to have him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad