RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I just love the way this kid plays the game, big strong player who is good around the net. I think with him Svechnikov what you see is what you get. A big strong goal scoring winger.

Last edited:

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Have to say, he skates well. I think he spends too much time hanging out by the other teams blue line. Needs to come back to own end. I realize he an offensive force, but coaches won't put up with it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Just let him fall to a good team. Call him a floater or whatever you want. Just don't let it be some bottom feeder teamwith no future.

Reactions: Brock Boeser

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's lucky he's getting 3 games in a row this weekend to get his legs back and get in game form. Hopefully he will be chosen and can be in top form for the WJC.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Scored a hat-trick tonight. All the types of goals you want - powerplay, 5on5, empy-netter. Has 14 goals in 14 games, he is going goal per game. Now has 20 points in 14 games. Bragin has to take him even though knowing how tough Bragin is towards the youngsters. He is just too talented to pass up. 2 years younger but he should already be the best player on Russian team.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Ranked #1 by Red Line, according to their twitter.

DRb1oz0X4AEMT70.jpg:large

I don't know if they're released an article yet.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
what the **** is that list lol
Redline report. There is a reason no one takes them seriously at this point. Overly harsh with click bait opinions.

Edit: I don't have a problem with Svechnikov at 1, I personally wouldn't do it at this point, but I can atleast see an argument for it (positional risk, more likely to translate quicker while on an ELC, etc). But, Eggenberger in the top 10? Merkely makes sense in the top 3 only if you only watch highlights and box-scores and Bouchard at 4?

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86 and Lays

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
It's an eccentric list for sure. But can this really be clickbait if there is no link to speak of? I had to dig up this jpeg from their twitter.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It's an eccentric list for sure. But can this really be clickbait if there is no link to speak of? I had to dig up this jpeg from their twitter.
They sell a product and are known for outlandish opinions. It’s an established track record with Redline.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Officially he got 2 assists today Vs Switzerland, but apparently one assist was stolen from him by IIHF, also one assist might as well be a goal, as it is hard to tell if he or Swiss player deflected the puck into the net here:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Beauty assist against Belarus. Believe that's his 2nd assist of the tournament, officially credited with 3.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
To me he isn't progressing that great comparing to the previous season. Not sure, why. Of course, he's still pretty good, but not, what people thought, he would have been, before this season started. Not sure, he's going to be even the 2nd overall. More like top5. Can't even say, it would be better for him to stay in the KHL, because Bill would never let him play in the league as 17 yo, but the CHL isn't doing anything good to him as well.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
To me he isn't progressing that great comparing to the previous season. Not sure, why. Of course, he's still pretty good, but not, what people thought, he would have been, before this season started. Not sure, he's going to be even the 2nd overall. More like top5. Can't even say, it would be better for him to stay in the KHL, because Bill would never let him play in the league as 17 yo, but the CHL isn't doing anything good to him as well.

A few more months and he'll never see the CHL again.

Also I don't agree with you. He is doing just fine and has looked good to my eye test, although injuries have disrupted any momentum.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
A few more months and he'll never see the CHL again.

Also I don't agree with you. He is doing just fine and has looked good to my eye test, although injuries have disrupted any momentum.

Matthews had as good PPG as Svechnikov's right now in a strong European league in his draft year, that was a progress. Svechnikov is pretty much the same as he was the last season.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Matthews had as good PPG as Svechnikov's right now in a strong European league in his draft year, that was a progress. Svechnikov is pretty much the same as he was the last season.

You shouldn't compare stats that have nothing to do with each other. Matthews was also a September birthdate, in others words 18 in his draft year.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You shouldn't compare stats that have nothing to do with each other. Matthews was also a September birthdate, in others words 18 in his draft year.

Progress is about progress and not about birth date. Matthews goes to another level with every his new season, I don't see the same in Svechnikov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad