RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Please don't if you give him the Mironov treatment.

By the Mironov treatment, do you mean giving him a look in the NHL before giving him some time in the AHL to adjust to the small ice and learn the language...like he showed he needed during his NHL looks?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Was 1+1 tonight. 17+11 in 22 games overall. His numbers aren't bad. They just aten't as good as people expected.

His goal scoring definitely comes as advertised. On pace for 53 goals over a full OHL season. That likely nets him a top 5 finish in the league. He is incredibly dynamic but there are definitely things he needs work on. Though you can see the potential is definitely there.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
He's had a lot of changes with his linemates, had an injury, went off to the world juniors where his coach refused to play him even when he showed he deserved more ice time. Now that he can just focus on the Colts I assume the chemistry will build and so will his points.

Reactions: cgf

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Typical hfboard.... Agreed with above post, Andrei is doing just fine. If no other injury or suspension, he will land total 47 games. I am willing to bet that he will score 70+ points after all set & done. The kid missed bunch of games due to injury, his countryman center was traded to another team and his head coach didn't trust him at all during WJC while he was the best player there along side with Kostin.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
is he more like Kovalchuk or more like Ovechkin?

Neither. I see a lot of similarities to Marian Hossa in his game, but at the end of the day he’s his own player and there’s not really a great comparable.

Last edited:

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Neither. I see a lot of similarities to Marian Hossa in his game, but at the end of the day he’s his own player and there’s not really a great comparable.

He doesn't play like Hossa either though. Svech has a world class shot already at 17 which Hossa didn't. And he is expected to be a much better goal-scorer than Hossa ever was in his prime. As of now Svech reminds me more of an improved & updated version of Tarasenko. Not quite as an explosive skater as Ovi and Kovi were when they were young.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He doesn't play like Hossa either though. Svech has a world class shot already at 17 which Hossa didn't. And he is expected to be a much better goal-scorer than Hossa ever was in his prime. As of now Svech reminds me more of an improved & updated version of Tarasenko. Not quite as an explosive skater as Ovi and Kovi were when they were young.

Improved Tarasenko? Yeah, well, Tarasenko was better at the same age, though.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Improved Tarasenko? Yeah, well, Tarasenko was better at the same age, though.

LOL. I love Tarasenko as a player but no way he was a better player than Svech at this age. He wasn't that hyped either. People started to talk about Svechnikov when he was 15. Tarasenko was a top prospect but he wasn't described as a franchise winger back than by a lot of scounts, if he would, he wouldn't go 16th overall...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
No one thinks this but you.

Just stop.
LOL. I love Tarasenko as a player but no way he was a better player than Svech at this age. He wasn't that hyped either. People started to talk about Svechnikov when he was 15. Tarasenko was a top prospect but he wasn't described as a franchise winger back than by a lot of scounts, if he would, he wouldn't go 16th overall...

Tarasenko is top 3 right now in that 2010 draft. You can argue, who is the best player of that draft between him, Seguin, Hall, probably Kuznetsov. Being 16 oa doesn't say anything about what a player Tarasenko was back to then. He was better at WJC as well and scored 24 points in 42 KHL games.

You guys are just crayzy with all this hype shit. If Svechnikov turns out to be a player Tarasenko is, it'll be a huge thing for any team, that picks him up.

And Tarasenko IS a franchise winger.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Just stop.

Tarasenko is top 3 right now in that 2010 draft. You can argue, who is the best player of that draft between him, Seguin, Hall, probably Kuznetsov. Being 16 oa doesn't say anything about what a player Tarasenko was back to then. He was better at WJC as well and scored 24 points in 42 KHL games.

You guys are just crayzy with all this hype ****. If Svechnikov turns out to be a player Tarasenko is, it'll be a huge thing for any team, that picks him up.

Nobody argues about what kind of player Tarasenko is right now. He is the beast and definitely one of the best players in the world. I just answered your previous statement, pointing that at 17 Tarasenko in not any shape or form was a better player than Svechnikov. And nobody predicted that Tarasenko would turn out to be such a great player otherwise he would be drafted higher than 16th overall. If Svech turns out to be the caliber of player Tarasenko is right now, I'll be happy. But once again, still expected to be a little better than Vlad.

Reactions: maaran and Fantomas

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Enough with the "CHL ruined player X and player Y". It is trolling and is boring.

Reactions: cgf

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Nobody argues about what kind of player Tarasenko is right now. He is the beast and definitely one of the best players in the world. I just answered your previous statement, pointing that at 17 Tarasenko in not any shape or form was a better player than Svechnikov. And nobody predicted that Tarasenko would turn out to be such a great player otherwise he would be drafted higher than 16th overall. If Svech turns out to be the caliber of player Tarasenko is right now, I'll be happy. But once again, still expected to be a little better than Vlad.

Why don't you say, that Svechnikov is a better version of Kucherov, then? When Kucherov was 17, almost nobody gave a shit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad