RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Love posts from people who compare out-of-context stats and don't watch the players.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He should come to colorado and join our other russian busts. We could use a few more guys who've been ruined by the CHL like Zadorov.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
2 goals in last 7 games. 2 goals last 12 games if you include WJC.
Minus 6 last 7 games.
Drifting close to ppg.
Mini slump, or will the Svech rise like the Phoenix??

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Good player, but overrated right now. He still has to prove that he's worth 2nd overall pick IMO and it's far from locked.

Reactions: kp61c

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Minus 6 last 7 games.
Drifting close to ppg.

Didn't he barely get ice time in the WJC due to Bragin's perplexing coaching? That may have even effected his confidence going back to his Juniors team. He will be fine.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Minus 6 last 7 games.
Drifting close to ppg.

Good player, but overrated right now. He still has to prove that he's worth 2nd overall pick IMO and it's far from locked.

He should come to colorado and join our other russian busts. We could use a few more guys who've been ruined by the CHL like Zadorov.

1+1 in a game, where his team scored 10 goals... it's not bad, of course, but could be better.

Never stop, guys.

Never, ever stop.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Never stop, guys.

Never, ever stop.
Wow, so we're not allowed to criticize a player now? In a 10-goal rout, I'd be expecting more than two points from the team's top-line forward, and supposed top player in the draft. No one is denying his skill, no one is saying he's done anything to move down from the no. 2 spot, just some believe Zadina might be doing enough to close the gap. Meanwhile in the opinion of everyone but yourself, Dahlin has run away with the top spot.

Reactions: Zaddy

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wow, so we're not allowed to criticize a player now? In a 10-goal rout, I'd be expecting more than two points from the team's top-line forward, and supposed top player in the draft. No one is denying his skill, no one is saying he's done anything to move down from the no. 2 spot, just some believe Zadina might be doing enough to close the gap. Meanwhile in the opinion of everyone but yourself, Dahlin has run away with the top spot.

See with posts like this I can understand if the sarcasm is too subtle for people to be sure if this post is sincere or brilliant parody; but mine was much more blatant.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
If I was a GM I would not take him.

Nobody really wins. He will probably be somewhat of a bust in the NHL. The fans will then blame it on him being Russian. The Russian national team loses out the production of what should be a generational player.

So who wins? His CHL team I guess and the predatory agent that got him over I suppose.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
See with posts like this I can understand if the sarcasm is too subtle for people to be sure if this post is sincere or brilliant parody; but mine was much more blatant.
To be honest, I don't know the details of Nikita Zadorov's face, so I couldn't really tell the sarcasm either lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
To be honest, I don't know the details of Nikita Zadorov's face, so I couldn't really tell the sarcasm either lol.

Really? Even without the avi, why would I be begging for him to join my favorite team, while bringing up one of the team's key young stars who had similarly absurd criticisms levied against him during his developmental years?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Really? Even without the avi, why would I be begging for him to join my favorite team, while bringing up one of the team's key young stars who had similarly absurd criticisms levied against him during his developmental years?
Haha it kinda sounded like you were putting down Zadorov too- I didn't really think much of it since I haven't followed his career too closely and was not about to get into an argument on that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haha it kinda sounded like you were putting down Zadorov too- I didn't really think much of it since I haven't followed his career too closely and was not about to get into an argument on that.

Ah, gotcha :thumbu:

But nah Zadorov is making great progress. The highs are longer and the lulls & sloppy periods are rarer & rarer. And when on his highs he's a really dominant force in his own zone who's got some real skills with the puck & creativity; 8 points in his last 11 games and outplaying Erik Johnson over the past ~month. He's still not quite there, but he's getting closer & closer to becoming a legit top pairing guy that you can trust with the toughest minutes & assignments.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Ah, gotcha :thumbu:

But nah Zadorov is making great progress. The highs are longer and the lulls & sloppy periods are rarer & rarer. And when on his highs he's a really dominant force in his own zone who's got some real skills with the puck & creativity; 8 points in his last 11 games and outplaying Erik Johnson over the past ~month. He's still not quite there, but he's getting closer & closer to becoming a legit top pairing guy that you can trust with the toughest minutes & assignments.
Good to know. I've seen some of his hits on the highlight reels but am rarely able to catch an Av's game. Hell, I barely ever watch Habs games at this point.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

No explanation needed. I just enjoy the commentary in these threads. That's why I say keep 'em coming.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I took it as you getting defensive over Svechnikov- I likely misread it though.

No it's fine. He played three games in three nights and didn't light up the scoresheet. When you're a high-profile prospect, you are going to get scrutinized if you have one bad shift or two quiet games.

The idea he's slumping is a one-sided view. It conveniently began after he scored four goals in his last two OHL games before the WJC. Plus it incorporated the WJC which is bogus since he was a depth player and never played with any of the U20/U19 Russians outside of Kostin, and that duo had great chemistry in a short tourney.

There are two kinds of slumps -- one where you can't do anything right and one where you are doing everything but put points up. Svechnikov falls in neither category because he has 2-9-11 in his last 12 including the WJC.

He scored two goals in three games after the WJC, then had one in four games. Two goals in his last seven OHL games, six in his last nine. If six goals in nine games is a slump, than 2 in 12 is worthy of getting cut.

Cherry pick stats enough and you can concoct a slump for any player. Dahlin has only three assists in his last 17 SHL games. Considering the amount of ice time and PP time he gets, plus how people are calling him a historic prospect, you can make the argument that he's slumping (if you don't watch the games. If you do, neither he or Svechnikov look like players struggling)

These aren't slumps or even mini slumps. It's analysis paralysis. If Svechnikov goes two more weeks without scoring goals at a consistent clip, then you can call it a slump.

My money is that he'll scored two or three next weekend and it all be moot.

Reactions: cgf

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
No it's fine. He played three games in three nights and didn't light up the scoresheet. When you're a high-profile prospect, you are going to get scrutinized if you have one bad shift or two quiet games.

The idea he's slumping is a one-sided view. It conveniently began after he scored four goals in his last two OHL games before the WJC. Plus it incorporated the WJC which is bogus since he was a depth player and never played with any of the U20/U19 Russians outside of Kostin, and that duo had great chemistry in a short tourney.

There are two kinds of slumps -- one where you can't do anything right and one where you are doing everything but put points up. Svechnikov falls in neither category because he has 2-9-11 in his last 12 including the WJC.

He scored two goals in three games after the WJC, then had one in four games. Two goals in his last seven OHL games, six in his last nine. If six goals in nine games is a slump, than 2 in 12 is worthy of getting cut.

Cherry pick stats enough and you can concoct a slump for any player. Dahlin has only three assists in his last 17 SHL games. Considering the amount of ice time and PP time he gets, plus how people are calling him a historic prospect, you can make the argument that he's slumping (if you don't watch the games. If you do, neither he or Svechnikov look like players struggling)

These aren't slumps or even mini slumps. It's analysis paralysis. If Svechnikov goes two more weeks without scoring goals at a consistent clip, then you can call it a slump.

My money is that he'll scored two or three next weekend and it all be moot.
Yeah I see what you mean. I think the diffference with Dahlin is that in one of the top pro leagues in the world, he's not expected to do quite as much, whereas Svechnikov in the OHL should be well above a PPG- that's just from a stat-watcher's perspective though.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Please don't if you give him the Mironov treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->