RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It's complete bull. Some guy writes "I've been told"?

I'll just copy what I wrote on twitter:

pretty hard to argue with the "I've been told" argument, as it works almost everytime, but just for the record, here are Svechnikov's more or less documented stats since he was 9: Svechnikov Andrei Статистика so if something was faked, it had to be done earlier than that age.

In a world where 18 year old Aaron Ekblad looks 35, I'm not prepared to say any kid is older than listed without some hard proof.

You know, I can more or less understand when there are rumors like that about kids who actually look older, but in Svechnikov's case he just doesn't look like that to me... even more, according to his measurements he has grown something like an inch (or half an inch, depending on the source) during last season, it's not easy to do when you're older.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
You know, I can more or less understand when there are rumors like that about kids who actually look older, but in Svechnikov's case he just doesn't look like that to me... even more, according to his measurements he has grown something like an inch (or half an inch, depending on the source) during last season, it's not easy to do when you're older.
matthews looked like he's 30 at the same age, they get these rumors out of their asses. just ignore the idiots.

Reactions: HabsForHire

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Y’all are savage, I don’t think any of these kids look that old.

I don’t know why he would lie about his age, even if he was a year older he would have went #1 last year. I doubt he’s 20 when his brother is 21, not impossible obviously, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Aerrol

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Y’all are savage, I don’t think any of these kids look that old.

I don’t know why he would lie about his age, even if he was a year older he would have went #1 last year. I doubt he’s 20 when his brother is 21, not impossible obviously, but I doubt it.
actually if he was older, he would NOT have gone #1 last year. His USHL season was great, but nothing too spectacular (if he was 18). He would have been top 10 though.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Is it just me or this player seems to float continuously between the two blue lines
with little intensity

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I heard he's a dog. Like an actual dog. Apparently he's just Air Budin' it out there.

It's quite the Cinderella story. You know, if Cinderella was a dog who played minor league hockey and was likely to be drafted 2nd overall in an NHL draft...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Really dumb this recent BS Andrei is getting,fake rumors, fake hear say. - not cool -
Svechnikov was crazy good last season (USHL), so much better this season (OHL), both seasons rookie season's,
truly AMAZING. - is one of those rare talents, who only needs 1 season, he just is that good.

Which ever team gets him, gets a top 6 player from the get go. #NHLreadyplayer.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Since the article has been taken down (not like I'd be surprised), I suggest to switch back to discussing Svechnikov's game, as libeling is forbidden by forum rules.

westbeast

Jun 22, 2017
For some reason, Svechnikov just screams pre-draft Yakupov to me...Both in the OHL, touted as "pure goal scorers", yet both don't score any goals at their respective WJC.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
For some reason, Svechnikov just screams pre-draft Yakupov to me...Both in the OHL, touted as "pure goal scorers", yet both don't score any goals at their respective WJC.

They are completely different players.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013

not at all
yakupov has great intensity but has no clue of the structure of the game

svech seems very aware of options on the ice at all times, good instincts and reaction but honestly to me has zero intensity and seems to lack any real backcheck or 200 foot game

he reminds allot of nicolas backstrom

as for not scoring in wjc; his ice time was extremely limited and his teamates seemed to intentionally not want to use him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad