RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Dont you Oilers think you have had enough of winning lottos and high end players,,,how about giving some one else a chance,,,,,,enough allready.
No, not really.

We keep drafting that high because the organization is so terrible. Oilers fans have had it far worse than most franchises over the past decade, and getting excited over high draft picks (that we'll likely ruin) is the only thing that keeps us going emotionally.

We literally had a Decade of Darkness, i.e. ten years and no playoffs. We're being collectively held hostage by Katz.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
No, not really.

We keep drafting that high because the organization is so terrible. Oilers fans have had it far worse than most franchises over the past decade, and getting excited over high draft picks (that we'll likely ruin) is the only thing that keeps us going emotionally.

We literally had a Decade of Darkness, i.e. ten years and no playoffs. We're being collectively held hostage by Katz.
Sorry having a tough time feeling sorry for you guys
Gretzkey---Mcdavid
Lemieux--Crosby
Over the last 20 years or so,,the Oilers and Pens i think have won enough cups,,,

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Sorry having a tough time feeling sorry for you guys
Gretzkey---Mcdavid
Lemieux--Crosby
Over the last 20 years or so,,the Oilers and Pens i think have won enough cups,,,
Actually it's been 28 years since Edmonton won it.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No, not really.

I feel like I should say something but I don’t wanna get banned...

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully Svechnikov will end up being a higher caliber offensive talent. Ovechkin and Malkin need a successor, it would be very disappointing if he ends up as the next Yakupov/Filatov.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Hopefully Svechnikov will end up being a higher caliber offensive talent. Ovechkin and Malkin need a successor, it would be very disappointing if he ends up as the next Yakupov/Filatov.

If everything goes right, and he backs up his prospect hype, I totally expect from him to be the best Russian player after Ovi and Geno. Doubt he will reach their height, especially their prime but I am totally expecting him to be better than Prime Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Panarin and yes, Kucherov too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If everything goes right, and he backs up his prospect hype, I totally expect from him to be the best Russian player after Ovi and Geno. Doubt he will reach their height, especially their prime but I am totally expecting him to be better than Prime Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Panarin and yes, Kucherov too.
Not in this world. Kucherov is easily on Ovechkin, Malkin level btw.

Guys like Panarin or Kuznetsov he could challenge. Time will tell.

Reactions: CacOBG

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Not in this world. Kucherov is easily on Ovechkin, Malkin level btw.

Guys like Panarin or Kuznetsov he could challenge. Time will tell.

I agree with OP, AS looked like he could be in and around Datsyuk point total. Kuch, panarin and, kuny are nowhere near 8/71

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Id be happy to draft a Kuznetsov-like winger that can hit the NHL immediately too. Just give us the 2nd overall already.

With Eichel and Mittelstadt being centers, a skilled winger makes a lot of sense.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I agree with OP, AS looked like he could be in and around Datsyuk point total. Kuch, panarin and, kuny are nowhere near 8/71
Judging players by point totals? Datsyuk is a better player than anyone in your post.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
kucherov in on another level than tarasenko, kuznetsov and panarin. svech won't be better than kuch.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
kucherov in on another level than tarasenko, kuznetsov and panarin. svech won't be better than kuch.
well he did say "if everything goes right". and if everything does go right and he "backs up the prospect hype" theres no reason why svechnikov wont be one of the best wingers in the game

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Not bad. Somewhere Steve Kournianos is smiling.

To be fair, those stats could be highly inaccurate, as they use estimated ice time. I don't know exactly how they calculated these, but some formulas that I've seen could skew the /60 statistics against very good players on bad teams by giving them more ice time than they should have.

Reactions: CanuckCity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->