RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Look at Vilardi's goal last night.

He rather waits for the pass for a break away instead of defending Vilardi.

Svechnikov was doing nothing.

Pavel Bure would be jealous.

besser

Dec 27, 2017
Vancouver
Who ever gets Andrei, gets (in my opinion) combination of Ovie and Kuch player.

I was super impressed about his game last season, when he played in the USHL
has not let me down this season in the OHL - he was superior in every way compared to
Eeli Tolvanen of Sioux.
Hmmm rather I see a mix of the old russian busts from yesteryear.... the filatovs, zherdev etc, just a feeling though

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Look at Vilardi's goal last night.

He rather waits for the pass for a break away instead of defending Vilardi.

Svechnikov was doing nothing.

Pavel Bure would be jealous.

I was at the game last night and kept an eye on both players (as well as a few others). Vilardi is clearly talented, but Svechnikov is on another level. Sure you can pick spots he needs to improve on (as you could with Vilardi or anyone else) but Svechnikov looks more NHL ready in his draft year than Vilardi does in his draft +1.

Reactions: Fantomas

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I was at the game last night and kept an eye on both players (as well as a few others). Vilardi is clearly talented, but Svechnikov is on another level. Sure you can pick spots he needs to improve on (as you could with Vilardi or anyone else) but Svechnikov looks more NHL ready in his draft year than Vilardi does in his draft +1.
One game, dude, in a big 8-3 loss....be serious. I was not there and possibly he played like crap, I dont know but this is too simple.

Kinda odd too, 1 goal, 1 asssist. 60% @ the faceoff dot and 7 shots on goal...last night.

His former coach @ Windsor says Vilardi (close to 2 PPG) has nothing left to prove in the OHL and he will be in the NHL next year.

Thanks for the update though.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
One game, dude, in a big 8-3 loss....be serious. I was not there and possibly he played like crap, I dont know but this is too simple.

Kinda odd too, 1 goal, 1 asssist. 60% @ the faceoff dot and 7 shots on goal...last night.

His former coach @ Windsor says Vilardi (close to 2 PPG) has nothing left to prove in the OHL and he will be in the NHL next year.

He didn't play like crap...he was Kingstons best player. Svechnikov just has more talent.

Vilardi doesn't have anything else to prove in the O...but I don't expect Svechnikov to be back with the Colts next season either.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver

Oh noo somebody likes another prospect more than mine :puppy:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wait, so we are now arguing Pettersson/Hischier/Patrick in the Vilardi thread, and Vilardi in the Svechnikov thread. I think I got it.

Reactions: Peeps

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Somebody said Svech is better than Vilardi and you responded defending Vilardi. Not that hard to come to the conclusion
Two completely different players that will have completely different careers.
Svechnikov looks like a beast with that long reach. As the season progresses, the more I don't think he will bust.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Somebody said Svech is better than Vilardi and you responded defending Vilardi. Not that hard to come to the conclusion
I had a problem with this one game observation for somebody who scored a goal, had an assist, had 7 shots on goal, was 60% in the faceoff circle, is currently 2 PPG in the OHL and most likely will be with the Kings next season. Seems fair and different, right ?

That should have been your conclusion as well but for some reason you rather act like you did.

Last edited:

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I had a problem with this one game observation for somebody who scored a goal, had an assist, had 7 shots on goal, was 60% in the faceoff circle, is currently 2 PPG in the OHL and most likely will be with the Kings next season. Seems fair and different, right ?

That should have been your conclusion as well but for some reason you rather act like you did.

Well in fairness I had a problem with this one play in one game observation of Svechnikovs lack of a backcheck on Vilardis goal. It goes both ways. Svechnikov had 2 g 1 a and 6 shots and the games 2nd star. He's on pace to pass Vilardis draft year points total about 10 games earlier. So there's that.

They're both very good players. But don't take exception to someone picking one game when you were in fact doing the same thing...which is what brought my initial response. It was 8-3...Vilardi was obviously doing some floating out there as well.

Reactions: kp61c

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Well in fairness I had a problem with this one play in one game observation of Svechnikovs lack of a backcheck on Vilardis goal. It goes both ways. Svechnikov had 2 g 1 a and 6 shots and the games 2nd star. He's on pace to pass Vilardis draft year points total about 10 games earlier. So there's that.

They're both very good players. But don't take exception to someone picking one game when you were in fact doing the same thing...which is what brought my initial response. It was 8-3...Vilardi was obviously doing some floating out there as well.
I'll be darned. Arent we talking about Svechnikov here and am I allowed to give my opinion about something I had noticed more often in a thread about him ?

Now you just admit you had a problem with my comment which was not a one play in one game observation. It was the last game and I pointed out that particular play.

This latest reply with newly provided stats is another example that the issue might be bigger than I thought. My apologies.

Its not strange that a first or second overall pick will turn out to be better than somebody drafted 11th overall. No worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckistanFlyerfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->