RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF, traded to CHI; traded to PIT) Part II

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Is Buffalo ready to sell on Nylander?
What would the return look like? Figure they would take another project or someone who might be able to play a depth role right away.
Did William's negotiations lower Alex's value a little bit?

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
What would the return look like? Figure they would take another project or someone who might be able to play a depth role right away.

His play lowered his value. Doubt he has much anyways. Could maybe get a 3rd or something for him.

john716

Mar 22, 2013
Buffalo,New York
I’ve been done with him for a while. He definitely needs a change of scenery. I would see if someone had a player in a similar situation. I really wanted a Defenseman the year we drafted him and It was definitely the wrong pick.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
What are Buffalo's needs, if they were to trade Alex Nylander to fill a need?

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
If Buffalo drafts McAvoy they probably don’t get Dahlin.
I don't want to derail this thread but saying that McAvoy is an AHL player is outrageous, regardless if you have Dahlin or not.

Anyways, I was always concerned that the Habs might draft Nylander that year and I was very happy he was picked before us. From his OHL games I had seen of him, his work rate wasn't nearly good enough. Yes, he has a good shot but his release was a bit slow and not very deceptive. Mind you this was in his draft year, that might have improved but nothing about the rest of his game ever impressed me.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Alright not going to post here but people are seriously underestimating McAvoy in this thread.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
McAvoy would be in the AHL?? Ya.. OK.. loll

McAvoy is a good player, but who knows what would have happened to him in Buffalo. Maybe they would have mishandled his development like they did with Nylander?
The point was more about Sergachev though. McAvoy actually seemed like a safer pick.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
McAvoy is a good player, but who knows what would have happened to him in Buffalo. Maybe they would have mishandled his development like they did with Nylander?
The point was more about Sergachev though. McAvoy actually seemed like a safer pick.

So Sergachev plays in the NHL for the best team in the league but not for Buffalo?

In reality he would be getting overplayed on the top pairing the same way Ristolainen is.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I don't want to write him off as of yet but it is surprising to me that he hasn't been able to settle in as a 2nd line winger as this point in his career.

I remember during his draft wondering if he had the talent to be a top line player but I thought he would bottom out as a productive 2nd liner...50ish points.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So Sergachev plays in the NHL for the best team in the league but not for Buffalo?

In reality he would be getting overplayed on the top pairing the same way Ristolainen is.

Yes, Tampa is a good team, so they can allow themselves to have a raw player like Sergachev in the lineup.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Should have made the team from preseason I thought. Not sure what the overall plans are for him in the Sabres organization? But he needs to make the best of his chance with this call up to prove to them or other NHL teams he has the talent to be a top 6 player, or top 9 player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad